Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

x-life vs x-life deluxe vs WT

What are your recommendations. Which one is the best solution?  I don`t need ultra realistic flightplans, i just want to have plausible moving aircraft around me.

Thanks for any input.

World Traffic 3 is coming out soon as a free upgrade to World Traffic 2. It will supposedly be a lot more user friendly and generate ground routes automatically. I would hang on for that.

8 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

What are your recommendations. Which one is the best solution?  I don`t need ultra realistic flightplans, i just want to have plausible moving aircraft around me.

Thanks for any input.

Try the free version, it does work very nicely with compatible airports.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

11 hours ago, steve310002 said:

World Traffic 3 is coming out soon as a free upgrade to World Traffic 2. It will supposedly be a lot more user friendly and generate ground routes automatically. I would hang on for that.

It is almost a year that i hear that it is coming out soon, but nothing yet.

I would not go for neither. X-Life requires custom ground routes since last time i checked it does not read any WED and for me this is enough. WT at current state is simply fugly at unless you want to hand money in the hope of the unknown i would suggest wait it to be delivered first then checks what it really does. I got tired of wasting money on addons/games that fail to meet expectations but anyone has the right to do whatever they want with their money. 

Thanks for your thoughts. At the moment, i`m using the free X-life. It works, but i have seen aircraft, which drove over grass instead of using the taxiways. And it seems that X-life needs real world weather and i`m using Xenviro and i`m not sure if X-Life works with it.

Nope.  I am waiting too.  X-Life Free is way to demanding on the FPS.   World Traffic 2 does not hit my FPS at all and it works fine so long as the airport has a proper ATC Network.   Plenty of free tools to get flight plans and Ground Routes set for your favorite airports.  The problem is developers that don't put ATC Networks in their airports.   I don't think it was a requirement in 10.xx+ but it is in 11.  You can't publish an airport without and ATC network or an airport flow and I say good!  Stop being lazy folks!   You got get more detail now.    This will help out other 3rd party program sin the future to have properly routed airports.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Patience is the virtue of the strong...especially in the XPlane world.

As tester I can give some hints on the developments but no clue about release of beta3. Being a one man project bug correction takes longer especially consider how complicated is getting WT with new features. For example there was a crash when generating plans for a couple of greek airports and Greg explained that no debugging tools were able to detect the reason. Now is fixed. The auto ground routes has been improved, got TNCM last evening and everything looked plausible. The new ground route editor and test is cool, I hope Greg can extend the use to custom ground routes as well in the future: the ability to have an aircraft right on final approach saves a lot of time when testing changes. Same for push back procedure in the case of complex layout.

What has to be worked yet is the ground and airborne separation: if you have light traffic WT works fine but with a moderate to heavy density (and we all love big hub movements, dont' we?) things get messy. I guess Greg can release beta3 and work on this matter later so he can get extended feedbacks for the new features, really don't know what his intentions are.

Last beta improvements were mainly in the flight planning system: WT3 can now read large tabular files with flight plans included in a generic format (DEP, DEST, HOUR, AIRCRAFT, DAY...) those who are familiar with FSX schedules will understand this great step forward. With my Afre tool I can import and export an FSX standard week schedules, now WT3 can scan at resync those schedules and activate the relevant flights for the departing and destination area (120 NM range). You can then have the traffic flow at any airport splitted in arrivals and departures. A must for those used to this kind of window in FSX.

The good news is that with this enhacement available, I'm now updating my traffic database (mainly focused on Europe in previous version of Afre) adding american schedules and of course in the process adding any missing livery to WT skin database, already 65 new operators and 150 new skins. I plan to release updated schedule pack since there is no more needing of Afre to parse the database and extract the active flight plans. The big improvement is that now you can jump to any aiport and time or day and get the real traffic with correct model and skin (at least based on what you have on the active database), a good alternative to auto flight planning which uses open flight data.

Of course this new feature requires extensive tests, for example I get duplicated aircrafts in some cases, furthermore an option to select only some day/s of the week is badly needed in case of large hub (at Barcellona I had 10500 flights, cannot imagine larger hub like Heathrow or the american monsters (for example the three majors Delta, United and American Airlines boost 23k+ flights each to scan from). Again patience is the key, but I'm confident that with WT3 the big gap compared to FSX AI traffic will be filled.

If someone is willing to help with livery send me a PM, we can maybe include in the database also asian medium and small operators as well thus offering a whole world coverage.  We badly miss the FAIB models in WT, a real pity they did only grant permission to convert their models for XP for static packages, nowadays all special liveries and new skin are only developed for FAIB and I usually have to include generic skin instead of the wonderful liveries developed for example by Jurgen or The Flying Carpet sites. Maybe if more people ask FAIB they can grant permission for a freeware package for WT as well.

Or maybe someone knows a way to map Faib textures to existing available models for WT, unfortunately I dont' have the skills.

• Upvote 4

Many thanks for your thoughts and info.