Sign in to follow this  
SirBismuth

Corrupt Navdata?

Hi All,

I have been happily flying the NGX since December/January, and on the weekend encountered this problem for the first time.  Departing EHAM to LSGG, was assigned the LOPIK1N SID off of Rwy 09.  My route was already programmed in the FMC, so just added the SID once it was assigned by ATC.  All goes well until just after rotating, when i want to raise the gear.  The lever moves, but both red and green lights stay on, and checking outside the aircraft, the gear is staying down.  Also see that my displays are intermittently freezing and working correctly.  A/P engages, and actually flies the plane, but only for a short while then it disengages.  Cycle the landing gear leaving, but no joy, gear stays down and when the lever is up or off, both green and red lights illuminate (green only when lever is selected down).  I attempted the flight 3 times, twice on Rwy 09 with the same SID, and once from 27 (not sure what SID I was assigned for that one, but had the same effect as when departing 09).  Not sure if standby instruments were working, they appeared not to be at a glance, was too busy trying to not fly into the ground to check them in more detail.

So, I searched Google and on Avsim, but did not find any apparent solution.  The Alt-Enter switch I read about did not work either, just crashed my sim a few times at first, and theh when it did work it didn't change anything.

I did also find out mention about not loading a saved route, but rather enter the fixes manually, I also tried that, but still the same issue with the landing gear, instrument panel and A/P.  I then also thought it might be because I am using the HUD during taxi and takeoff, but having it up or down also made no difference.  

I also tried it without PATC, to rule out that piece of software, to no avail.  Ditto for AS2016 (demo) and AIController, made no difference with they were running or not.

I then setup flights with nothing programmed in the FMC, starting from 09, so all I did was aligned the IRSes, started up engines (lowered the flaps thanks to the RAAS lady) and took off.  I could then successfully raise the landing gear, engage the A/P, as well as having no issues with the instrument panel freezing.

My prime suspect here is the Navdata, 0703 Rev. 1 (I use Navigraph), but that being said I successfully completed a flight the day before from LPPT to EHAM using the same Navdata, SIDs and approach information inserted into the FMC as usual.  That is really the only common factor I can identify here.

I have not attempted any other flights since (will only be able to do so this weekend), so will see if it reoccurs.  It appears my only option to be, if this is the case, is to reinstall the NGX.  Not something I would like to do, but will as a last resort.  Also not sure if reinstalling the Navdata would help, as it was only on my second flight I was having the issue, and only for one specific flight.  I even considered submitting a support ticket to PMDG, but not sure if the NGX is actually the problem here, as my previous flight went off without a hitch.

FWIW, I have FT-Amsterdam installed, but this isn't my first flight with that scenery FROM EHAM, so can't see that being an issue either.

If anyone else can come up with another suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated, I am not sure what else to do before my next flight this weekend, IF it has the same outcome.

TIA

Hi Tia,

Reinstall is the last think to do, and I would do it only if recommended by the support. 

First things first:

_ Are you launching FSX/P3D (?) with admin rights?

_ Do you have a default aircraft and default scenery in the free flight windows when loading the sim as recommended by PMDG (and not an addon)?

_ What panel state are you using for the NGX when you load it in the sim > In any case try to start with the default one to rule out any corrupted panel.

I personally don't see how the nav data could have an effect on the landing gear so I would rule this out (especially that you had an uneventfu flight before).

Last: don't hesitate to submit a ticket to the support:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

This forum is a user-to-user forum but not the PMDG-to-user support.

P.S.: Don't hesitate to have a read also at the forum rules: PMDG requires to sign all the posts with full names.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain,

Thanks for the reply.

- Yes, I have FSX (Boxed), and I launch it with admin rights.  That made no difference during my testing yesterday (with or without admin rights)

- Default flight is the Trike, Friday Harbour, with no wx and pc date & time

- I normally use the LONG PANEL STATE, but will try another one and see if it reoccurs.

- My name is in my signature, TIA is an acronym for Thanks In Advance! ;)

- I know that AVSIM not a direct to PMDG forum, but thought I would post here first before submitting a ticket to PMDG

22 minutes ago, SirBismuth said:

- My name is in my signature, TIA is an acronym for Thanks In Advance! ;)

Oups, sorry Douglas! 

22 minutes ago, SirBismuth said:

- I normally use the LONG PANEL STATE, but will try another one and see if it reoccurs.

Try specifically with the default one. It is the one which usually works in case of corrupted panel state issue. And if it occurs that you don't have the issue with the default one, you can then delete the other panel states and create your own from the default one.

Also, if you have a profile for the NGX in fsuipc, and the manip above doesn't fix your issue, you can try to move the fsuipc.ini and/or the seperate profile if you use one out of the module folder to rebuild a fresh new profile for the NGX.
Corrupted fsuipc profile and can have various weird effects on the aircrafts.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

51 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Oups, sorry Douglas! 

Try specifically with the default one. It is the one which usually works in case of corrupted panel state issue. And if it occurs that you don't have the issue with the default one, you can then delete the other panel states and create your own from the default one.

Also, if you have a profile for the NGX in fsuipc, and the manip above doesn't fix your issue, you can try to move the fsuipc.ini and/or the seperate profile if you use one out of the module folder to rebuild a fresh new profile for the NGX.
Corrupted fsuipc profile and can have various weird effects on the aircrafts.

No problem!

I will try it with the default panel state and see if that helps.

Failing the above, will try the fsuipc idea.

Have also submitted a ticket to PMDG, so will also see what they say.

Thanks!

Ok, no luck with the default panel state.  Loaded the same route and took off, gear wouldn't retract and A/P wouldn't engage.

Will see what PMDG say in reply to the support ticket as well.

Hi all,

I performed a successful flight from EHAM Gate F4 to LSGG rw 09 lopik1N SID. Nav data 0307
Route via AIVLA EFB etc
Aircraft KLM 737-800 WL.

No problem at all

Jovabra

There has not been a report of navdata interfering with systems on the aircraft, with the rare exception of doing weird things in the FMS; therefore, I started looking at original post and big red flag went up when you said you added SID just before takeoff....if not done correctly that will cause problems but not having to do with the landing gear.

I suggest you go back to the same situation and run it again and pay attention to each step.  If the same problem occurs report the steps necessary to reproduce it.  With the information provided, it is impossible to recreate and try to find your problem.  Be specific, I don't ask for a story but a step by step recreation.

Dan Downs KCRP

17 hours ago, Jovabra said:

Hi all,

I performed a successful flight from EHAM Gate F4 to LSGG rw 09 lopik1N SID. Nav data 0307
Route via AIVLA EFB etc
Aircraft KLM 737-800 WL.

No problem at all

Jovabra

Thanks, don't know what's causing it then. I don't use AIVLA EFB, otherwise the flight is the same.

I am going to attempt another flight this weekend, and see if it reoccurs just on that setup, or for all flights, even though my previous one with SIDs and all went off without a hitch.

I am not saying it's the Navdata, but that is the only common factor I can identify here.

14 hours ago, downscc said:

There has not been a report of navdata interfering with systems on the aircraft, with the rare exception of doing weird things in the FMS; therefore, I started looking at original post and big red flag went up when you said you added SID just before takeoff....if not done correctly that will cause problems but not having to do with the landing gear.

I suggest you go back to the same situation and run it again and pay attention to each step.  If the same problem occurs report the steps necessary to reproduce it.  With the information provided, it is impossible to recreate and try to find your problem.  Be specific, I don't ask for a story but a step by step recreation.

I program the SID into the FMC once I have received it from ATC, my route is already programmed sans SIDS/STARs prior to this, as I don't what SID or departure routing will be assigned to me before the time.  Once I've received my clearance, PATC also indicates expected approach information, which I will then also program into the FMC once I am at cruise level, and make any changes, if necessary, once I receive the relevant approach clearances.

I will see how my flight goes this weekend, and note it step-by-step as per your request, and report here IF the same happens again.  

Ok, successfully completed a flight from KLAS to KMDW with SIDs/STARs and everything else, and it went off without a hitch.  Gear retracted and panel functioned normally.

Am planning to fly out of EHAM this coming weekend for my RDV flights, will see if the NGX behaves or not.

PMDG Support suggested a completed reinstall, but am going to delay that as much as I can, especially if it's a once-off event.  Will obviously do what PMDG suggest if the problem keeps occurring out of EHAM.