Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Beware from Fslabs A320 !

Since whatever i write in the company's fourm gets deleted without any reason, ill write here away from their reach. 

This addon has a very high price tag that does not justify at all what we are getting. It has been some 7 years in development plus almost a year released for FSX its just unreal how many issues are still there. 

The company has always been bad in communication and now its no different. Whenever they release an update they fix a few minor things while creating few others. I spoke with another customer who is an A319-A321 captain that told me that this model is far from being close to the real plane from system depth through flight dynamics and friction to the texture and instability of the aircraft. The MCDU is some replica of an ancient version, no secondary flight plan, no waypoint fix page...  Ohh and forget about saving and loading panel state without having tons of issues along with that. Not sure if someone really beta tested it...or maybe the tested and reported issue that were just dismissed as they doing today. They actually telling people that a missing textures in the cockpit are there because thats how it is in the real plane !

It seems as the company wanted to make fast money but not dealing with lots of issues. If i had to give a price tag for this addon i would say about 40$ tops. 

So as the Airbus captain told me : " let those kids who admire them for some eye candy think that this is how the real plane flies..." 

Just to compare it to pmdg latest realese its almost a crime... Less then 140$ you get almost 10 models, stability, endless cockpit options and not mention amazing VC quality. 

Take this just as an advice before buying. Of course feel free to pay 140$+ and find out for yourself. 

Roi Ben

Would it be possible for you to disclose the name of the airline that your alleged A320 Captain friend flies for? I would like to be able to avoid finding myself in an aircraft where the captain obviously doesn't have much of a clue ...

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest Mik75

Beware of people who obviously don´t know much about the things they´re writing about!!! It could possibly make you laugh, but if you have a bad day, the oppsite might happen!

Sorry, but which kind of answer do you expect, dear OP?

Now this is some top tier level trolling. And despite the incendiary tone, I'll bite:

When I can work through failures/procedures referencing the actual aircraft's QRH/FCOM and have everything work as described, that makes it worth every penny for me. So far, the FSLabs A320 delivers on that front. Is it perfect? Doubtful that any aircraft addon, from any developer, is. But there's system depth there that no other developer has managed to bring for the A320 series before. Whether that's worth it to anybody else or not, is a personal choice they'll have to make based on the evidence available.

As for lots of issues, I suppose that may also come down to one's specific configuration. I haven't had any major ones to speak of.

FSLabs has coded a very complex add-on that faithfully simulates the A320, according to numerous individuals affiliated with FSL and who actually fly the real deal. Their names are accessible in the credits for the simulation. To suggest that FSL "wanted to make fast money but not dealing with lots of issues" is a baseless insult to years of hard work and the many, many hours of ongoing support to make the simulation better. Many of us are able to enjoy this simulation in its current state; I flew it two days ago on a FSEconomy flight without issue.

I am a beta-tester for this add-on.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I believe this type of inflammatory post has been addressed not too long ago, posted by another member who made outrageous claims who tried to drum up support to attack a vendor, which upset the admins.  As a user of various add-ons from many different developers, one thing I do try to hold my tongue on is blatant, baseless claims just to stir the pot, but time and time again, you get frustrated users who make claims that things don't work like the real world counterpart and invent "experts" to back up their claims.  

If the OP had a real issue with their product, this would have been posted in a more respectful tone at the developers own forum and not here.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Speak for yourself.

This addon I have never had any problems with, its the most in depth sim we have. Ive never had one OOM.

No Problems.

So like I said Speak for yourself.

There is NOTHING to beware off apart from post like yours.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Speak for yourself.

This addon I have never had any problems with, its the most in depth sim we have. Ive never had one OOM.

No Problems.

So like I said Speak for yourself.

There is NOTHING to beware off apart from post like yours.

I will speak for myself and youll speak for yourself how about that ? And i said everyone are welcomed to buy and find out for themselves. Have a great day ! 

Roi Ben

43 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Would it be possible for you to disclose the name of the airline that your alleged A320 Captain friend flies for? I would like to be able to avoid finding myself in an aircraft where the captain obviously doesn't have much of a clue ...

So dont fly with Air canada... i am sure they will be devastated because you dont fly with them :laugh:

Roi Ben

Roi1862, your comments are ridiculous. 

Beware of Roi1862, I'd say. 

32 minutes ago, Jimm said:

I believe this type of inflammatory post has been addressed not too long ago, posted by another member who made outrageous claims who tried to drum up support to attack a vendor, which upset the admins.  As a user of various add-ons from many different developers, one thing I do try to hold my tongue on is blatant, baseless claims just to stir the pot, but time and time again, you get frustrated users who make claims that things don't work like the real world counterpart and invent "experts" to back up their claims.  

If the OP had a real issue with their product, this would have been posted in a more respectful tone at the developers own forum and not here.

The issues has been brought up in the forum but they either get dismissed or will be address in the unknown future (aka lack of communication)... for those who are visiting the FSL fourms watch my topic about "VC not sealed" . The only comment there from the team was some joke about this is exist in the real plane... seriously ??

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, beep747 said:

Roi1862, your comments are ridiculous. 

Beware of Roi1862, I'd say. 

You got some interest out of FSL sales ?  As i said and ill say it again, this is what i think. Take it anywhere you want.

Roi Ben

As an A320 dispatcher in RL I've been happy with it in P3D.  While it's not official training, familiarizing with various systems on FSLABS and flying my own flight plans (evening being able to use my dispatch EFB to reference manuals and charts) have already made good topics for conversations with my flight crews to explore areas of interest further.  I was also really impressed with how realistic the sounds are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chase Kreznor said:

As an A320 dispatcher in RL I've been happy with it in P3D.  While it's not official training, familiarizing with various systems on FSLABS and flying my own flight plans (evening being able to use my dispatch EFB to reference manuals and charts) have already made good topics for conversations with my flight crews to explore areas of interest further.  I was also really impressed with how realistic the sounds are.

Hi Chase, 

The concept of the addon is great ! dont get me wrong and thats why i didnt think much before spending that 140$+ some tax... but to have so many issues so long after release, dont you find it strange and upsetting ? OK so issues do happening i got it even in high end price addon, but why not to post some updates once a week ? and why not to take responsibility for flaws and trying to claim that this is how it is in the real bus ?  

I never visited support forum that often with any addon i bought in the past.

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

Hi Chase, 

The concept of the addon is great ! dont get me wrong and thats why i didnt think much before spending that 140$+ some tax... but to have so many issues so long after release, dont you find it strange and upsetting ? OK so issues do happening i got it even in high end price addon, but why not to post some updates once a week ? and why not to take responsibility for flaws and trying to claim that this is how it is in the real bus ?  

I never visited support forum that often with any addon i bought in the past.

I think part of the problem here, and why you're receiving so much resistance from other folks on this forum, is that you've essentially come in and posted a bunch of hysterical hand-waving, without any real specifics as to the issues you're experiencing. My guess is that's why your posts keep getting tossed over on FSLabs, too.

There's obviously a lot of us that aren't experiencing any major issues, but so far you've yet to really substantiate anything specific, so you're being written off as just spouting hyperbole. You mention something about "VC Not Sealed". What, exactly, does that mean? I'm not able to relate any experiences I've had with the plane to anything I can think of that would match such a description.