Sign in to follow this  
purewater

[REQ] Tower view

Hi,

ChasePlane does scan the airport information, including runway, helipad, gate, and parking. Can we have a tower view in each airport?

It's useful to have an overview of the entire airport, and you can image you're an ATC guy.

The tower view in fsx/p3d is to track your aircraft. You can't move the camera without restraint.

Already promised:biggrin:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

You can set it up by yourself. It's fast and easy. When camera is positioned where you want it, just flip the switch for a/c following if you like it that way. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, eNVee said:

You can set it up by yourself. It's fast and easy. When camera is positioned where you want it, just flip the switch for a/c following if you like it that way. 

Sure. I've created some views for my favorite airports. But I need to create it one by one manually.

Sure you can pan in tower view. Locate the view track/pan toggle command and assign a button to it. And done: you can freely pan 360ª in tower view!!

2 hours ago, JESUS_LOSPI said:

Sure you can pan in tower view. Locate the view track/pan toggle command and assign a button to it. And done: you can freely pan 360ª in tower view!!

Not true.   Hasn't worked since last update of Chaseplane.  I always assign this key to track/pan, its a great feature.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

The official way of doing it right now (0.1.660) is to create a custom Static Camera at the Tower's location.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42