Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Incredible new quirk of FSL Spotlights

I had Aerosoft A318-A321 installed and all worked good in new clean OS/P3Dv3.3.5

Then I installed FSL A320x and Spotlights (registerd) newest files. All works good in FSL A320x+Spotlights.

Now every time I load AS A320 and press on Bat1 - P3D crashed immediately!! Have not seen that before, 100% repeatable. 

The cure is simple - just disable FSLSpostLIghts_P3D.dll in DLL.XML --> AS Airbus will work fine.

Now, I like spotlights and I have a few very nice ini files for AS A320 that I downloaded from FSL. Any idea how to fix this BAT1 crash in AS Airbus when FSL Spotlight's dll is loaded?

Has anybody heard of this particular crash?

Thanks,

If you don't mind be asking, why would you want to use the AS bus when you have the best simulation of the A320 or any aircraft there has ever been.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If you don't mind be asking, why would you want to use the AS bus when you have the best simulation of the A320 or any aircraft there has ever been.

:biggrin:

André

10 minutes ago, awf said:

:biggrin:

I had to ask :biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

23 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Now i see who i am dealing with... :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

:biggrin:   Well, while Aerosoft AIRBUS has more functionality in navigation (FIX page and secondary fp) I will fly it before FSL AIRBUS SP1 comes out.

And even then after SP1 when I'll want to fly online with the convenience of FO and better world gfx I may still be flying Aerosoft AIRBUS every once in a while.

So, I need the Spotlights working with AS AIRBUS.

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

Plus FSL only have an A320. Aerosoft do the A318/319/320 and 321. Not to the same level of detail, granted, but.....yeah.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Personally i started to appreciate the Aerosoft A320...

Roi Ben

I like FSL Spotlights as well...

Two excellent Airbus add-ons, although I only use the FSLabs Airbus.

Since I am primarily concerned with having a smooth ride, I use it in 2d panel mode only and didn't even install the Spotlights product. I actually found it too intense the first time I installed the vc version of the aircraft together with SL...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

31 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I like FSL Spotlights as well...

Post here and hopefully they will sort you out. I don't see your name under this forum name unless your posted under a different name. Am sure they will help out. 

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/forum/35-fsl-spotlights/

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Now i see who i am dealing with... :biggrin:

Jim Young a very fair and great Forum Admin had this to say about your topic today that went down like a lead balloon, this is after your forum ban at FSL.

" any further discussions can be considered trolling or doing something to damage the company because you are offended with the price." 

There is one perfect word in there that sums you up and why you got a ban over at FSL.

If Dirk want to fly the AS bus there is nothing wrong with that, I simply ask why over the FSL. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

If Dirk want to fly the AS bus there is nothing wrong with that, I simply ask why over the FSL. 

Never found a single working advice for the Spotlights there unfortunately. It's my 3rd or 4th FSL reinstall, so I'm a haunter there.

Thanks. 

PS: actually some of my findings brought me thanks on the subject there :)

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Jim Young a very fair and great Forum Admin had this to say about your topic today that went down like a lead balloon, this is after your forum ban at FSL.

" any further discussions can be considered trolling or doing something to damage the company because you are offended with the price." 

There is one perfect word in there that sums you up and why you got a ban over at FSL.

There's a word that sums you as well but ill keep it to myself. See you on the ignore list buddy.

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

Hey Roy, could you just leave please....

Dirk.

• Upvote 4