Sign in to follow this  
Pineapple_Wizard

[Explanations] Sound Issue with Majestic Q400

So here's quite an odd issue. Whilst using chaseplane views, the external sounds, especially the engine and APU sounds of the Q400 are really quiet. However, once I switch to the FSX spot view, the exterior sounds go back to normal. I'm not sure if this an issue on the Q400s side of things as it works perfectly fine until I start up chaseplane. 

Any help would be immensely appreciated as I am a huge fan of both the Q400 and chaseplane and it really breaks the immersion with the quiet sounds.

I just checked the version number of the Q400 and there was a patch I needed to download that supposedly fixes this issue. I'll delete this topic if it does. 

I'm getting external sounds with the Dash-8, but some of the other planes are not giving me sounds. Do you have external sounds on all your planes when things are

working normally?

So after talking with Majestic, they found it's a chaseplane issue, as the sounds work perfectly fine when chaseplane isn't running. The first version of ezdok had the issue as well, however ezdok v2 fixed that issue in P3D. So hopefully we get some word from the guys at fsfx about this.

Running v4.1 with the Q400 and it loses the sound when switching between inside and outside views. Clicking the mouse on the screen resumes proper volume.

Same issue here, but not limited to Dash8, also happens with PMDG 737 NGX.  Its like the sound 'loses focus' then requires a click to return to normal. 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

I can confirm the Dash sound problem and it is isolated to CP.

Switching views in the normal way works.

The NGX sound has nothing to do with CP, that is since day one. 747 and 777 are coded in a different way and do not lose certain sounds. But has nothing to do with CP.

With the A2A L049 I do not have any problems. Also not with any other addon I have.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here too - MJC8 Q400 Pro

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |