Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Shifting ground textures at Aerosoft Rome

Yesterday I did a flight into the latest version of Aerosoft Rome and noticed after landing during taxi in how the ground textures behaved weird. Depending on the viewing angle the ground textures shifted, the taxi lines disappeared and then reappeared etc.

Below is a short clip in 1st person avatar mode showing the issue while parked at the gate.

Asked about this over at Aerosoft as well and was told it could be a z buffering issue but not really sure how to troubleshoot this kind of problem.

Anyone in here seen this at Aerosoft Rome or knows how to fix it?

This is what it looks like

Richard Åsberg

No one else seen this at Aerosoft Rome or any other airport for that matter?

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mik75

I have seen shifting ground textures (with several Justsim releases lately), but that looks different, more like default texture coming through. 

In your case, it looks like a similar texture, but slightly brighter. There are two different texture sets (low and high res) available in the Aerosoft Rome scenery package. Have you changed from one to the other (low res to high res or vice versa) lately? 

Sorry, it's just a guess, maybe try a clean un- and reinstall. 

Good idea and tried what you suggested both switching to the highres textures as well as a complete reinstallation of Rome but still same problem I'm afraid.

Received an answer from Aerosoft that the issue might be caused by me running P3Dv3.2 rather than 3.4 but find that strange since the product page for Rome in fact claims P3Dv3.2 compatibility.

This is version 1.03 of Rome and I can't recall I've had this issue before so maybe if I could get my hands on an earlier version that would fix the issue. That will then of course mean I'll loose the new fixes in 1.03 but I would prefer that since this current issue almost makes the scenery unusable with the ground textures shifting like this.

Almost makes you dizzy during taxi and especially in VR :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mik75
24 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Good idea and tried what you suggested both switching to the highres textures as well as a complete reinstallation of Rome but still same problem I'm afraid.

Received an answer from Aerosoft that the issue might be caused by me running P3Dv3.2 rather than 3.4 but find that strange since the product page for Rome in fact claims P3Dv3.2 compatibility.

This is version 1.03 of Rome and I can't recall I've had this issue before so maybe if I could get my hands on an earlier version that would fix the issue. That will then of course mean I'll loose the new fixes in 1.03 but I would prefer that since this current issue almost makes the scenery unusable with the ground textures shifting like this.

Almost makes you dizzy during taxi and especially in VR :wink:

Then, I've no idea, buddy...

Do you use FTX Vector? If so, have you rerun the elevation correction tool after updating, or reinstalling the most current version of the airport?

Already tried what you suggest but still no go.

Right now I think the issue might be the technology used for the ground textures is not compatible with P3Dv3.2 as Aerosoft hinted.

Hope they will come up with at least a workaround considering the product page claims P3Dv3.2 compatibility and I'm sure not everyone are on 3.4 for good reasons.

Richard Åsberg

Found the installer for version 1.02 of Rome and using that version the problem is gone so clearly something was introduced in version 1.03 causing the issue above.

Will stay with 1.02 until/if the problem will be addressed.

Richard Åsberg