Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

Just saw on their Facebook:

CARENADO PC12 HD SERIES FSX/P3D
UPDATED to VERSION 2.0!!!

IMPORTANT:
-Customers should retrieve a new serial entering to their accounts at www.carenado.com - "My Products" section (old serials are no longer valid).

New Version (2.0)
- GTN integration added
- P3Dv3 and Steam compatible
- On ready for taxi option, all generators are now on.
- IAS mode adjusted.
- Sound improvements.
- Atittude indicator adjustments.
- Autopilot tooltips added.
- ADF tuner updated.
- Transponder updated.
- Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version and then download the package again from the link provided. Downloads were increased.

Going to give it a try tonight after work.

Hi Folks,

OMG - this is totally freak'n scary - not three weeks ago I opened a support ticket with Carenado suggesting how they do have some older aircraft that have great potential - but - they don't leverage that potential because they are strapped with the default GPS which is a source of major complaints from their customers... Adding modern third party navigation support would eliminate a major source of complaints and breath new life into some of their older aircraft... I used the PC-12 as an example... Coincidence ??? I got the standard canned response "Thanks for your ticket we'll consider this for future updates"... Now - If they did this based on my ticket - I'll have to seriously take back many of the complaints I've made over the years on lack of response and I owe Carenado a big THANK YOU... I won't be able to check this out until the weekend - but I'm truly looking forward to it...

Would have liked to see the MilViz/REX Wx Radar included - but I'll take what I can get...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

They have a lot of of their aircraft that has Flight1 GTN integration. What is surprising to me is they don't just offer it all on their aircraft. You don't have to use it, but it's nice to be able to use it if you want (realism aside). I acknowledge that the 750 looks funky on some aircraft but even pop-ups with integration is acceptable in my book.

As someone who works in the tech support field (by day), I always tell people... ticket, ticket, ticket. If you don't let someone know they might truly not know. Obviously tone and substance is important. Making a ticket to yell at someone doesn't do any good.

Hopefully this version 2.0 is born as a result of all the hard work done by community members and we're all rewarded (especially the people who might not know about AVSIM).

Good news, one of my favorite aircraft. Update is working fine. 

Hans

How does it work if you purchased the PC12 at another store?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The stores should update their library, but it usually takes a few days.

Hans

But it also requires a new serial. But let's wait and see...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

But the real question is..... does the autopilot function correctly in conjunction with the GTN750?

PC Aviator hasn't updated their download file yet (I suspect it takes a day or two) but I'm hoping the AP interacts with the GTN750 as expected. Personally, I've been pretty pleased with Carenado's GTN750 integration. On the three other aircraft I own from them it works great. Here's hoping this will make #4.

Not too bad, a decent improvement over the original. Few things that stood out on tonight's quick hop between Omaha, and Kansas City:

• Needs a fix for the pitot heat. I had the pitot heat selected on, but kept losing my airspeed indication in and near the weather. 
  • Be careful arming approach mode prior to GS intercept. It'll try to aggressively climb to intercept the GS at about 1/2 to 1 dot above rather than wait for it, makes for a nice loss of airspeed.
  • The click spot to bring up the GTN 750 window from the VC is in a different spot from EVERY other GTN aircraft I've flown (Its the top edge of the GTN by the way). However, once expanded it's in the normal spot, go figure. Annoying, but not a show stopper.
  • IAS mode actually worked in the climb!
  • Really wish they would have dropped the Avidyne MFD of the GNS and put in the REX WX Radar...
  • Was amazed to see the autopilot work well with the GTN! Even flew an LPV off the flight director without issue.

21 minutes ago, Jason_Peters said:

Really wish they would have dropped the Avidyne MFD of the GNS and put in the REX WX Radar...

That would have been big!

I hope they do similar fixes to the Malibu Mirage.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The avidyne is worthless and throws an a$$load of errors in content error logging, I eliminated it and that's where I "integrated" the GTN in the prior version. I agree a wx radar there would be better but I want ASN/AS16 radar, so maybe an option for either/or would be nice since we're dreaming. What's the consensus on v2.0 with the autogyro overhaul mod? Anyone got that working yet?

14 hours ago, Jason_Peters said:

Not too bad, a decent improvement over the original. Few things that stood out on tonight's quick hop between Omaha, and Kansas City:

• Needs a fix for the pitot heat. I had the pitot heat selected on, but kept losing my airspeed indication in and near the weather. 
  • Be careful arming approach mode prior to GS intercept. It'll try to aggressively climb to intercept the GS at about 1/2 to 1 dot above rather than wait for it, makes for a nice loss of airspeed.
  • The click spot to bring up the GTN 750 window from the VC is in a different spot from EVERY other GTN aircraft I've flown (Its the top edge of the GTN by the way). However, once expanded it's in the normal spot, go figure. Annoying, but not a show stopper.
  • IAS mode actually worked in the climb!
  • Really wish they would have dropped the Avidyne MFD of the GNS and put in the REX WX Radar...
  • Was amazed to see the autopilot work well with the GTN! Even flew an LPV off the flight director without issue.

My prob heat is INOP also. This was interesting flying out of KBHB in a snowstorm today.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

My prob heat is INOP also. This was interesting flying out of KBHB in a snowstorm today.

Big, big oversight. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Folks,

Maybe if we throw some tickets in while the iron is still hot ?

I'll try requesting that REX radar as well - have they used it in any of their models yet ?

And - I'm with Jim - that Avidyne really should go...

Regards,
Scott 

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7