Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

7 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Maybe if we throw some tickets in while the iron is still hot ?

I'll try requesting that REX radar as well - have they used it in any of their models yet ?

And - I'm with Jim - that Avidyne really should go...

Regards,
Scott 

Request submitted.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

28 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Request submitted.

Ditto...

:cool:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

What weather scenarios cause it to not behave properly so I can reproduce and submit a ticket as well.

I really really hate to ask this, but will anyway. Bert had the ammeter working with his panel fix/GTN mod. Of course now it's not working with V2.0. Bert, if you're out there any chance of an updated mod to get this working in V2.0? I hate to ask because of all the work you've done for us, but we're sooooo close to having a really nice model here.

-Bob

The answer should be obvious, but I'm a bit lost.  I purchased the original version in December from Carenado.  There is not update listed in My Account for the PC12.  Do I just re-download it to get the new version?

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob650 said:

I really really hate to ask this, but will anyway. Bert had the ammeter working with his panel fix/GTN mod. Of course now it's not working with V2.0. Bert, if you're out there any chance of an updated mod to get this working in V2.0? I hate to ask because of all the work you've done for us, but we're sooooo close to having a really nice model here.

Perhaps the update overwrote the changes?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

27 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Perhaps the update overwrote the changes?

It sure did Gregg. I believe that Bert wrapped his GTN mod in with the pitot heat, ammeter (plus other items) fix but I'm not sure I'm savvy enough to separate those from the GTN mod which of course is no longer needed.

Bert just got his copy... it has been a while... will have to look closely at what I changed back then :cool:

Remind me.. what is the pitot heat problem?

Right now, I am looking at the GNS530 sitting below the GTN750 displaying the VOR1 ident instead of the VOR2 information..

Bert

33 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Remind me.. what is the pitot heat problem?

Pitot Heat, no workie. It's inop with the switch on.

On another note, I also noticed that the Map with the CDI in ARC mode on the HSI is Inop. Seems to be masked by a black box? Normally you would pull it up by clicking the ARC button twice. 1st press switches to ARC mode, 2nd to Map with the CDI needles on top?, and 3rd seems to be just the map?... I'm not sure how accurate that is to the real thing. The functionality seems to be buried in there though..

5 hours ago, Bob650 said:

I believe that Bert wrapped his GTN mod in with the pitot heat, ammeter (plus other items) fix but I'm not sure I'm savvy enough to separate those from the GTN mod which of course is no longer needed.

You may be mixing up some things.. I released some PC12 fixes early on, but no GTN content.

Another mechanic (Autogyro) produced some systems fixes, if I remember correctly..

Lets start over with V2 / GTN750 and list the problems we find (some may be old ones..)

My list:

- EHSI has CDI deflection problems

- Altitude preselector has sound problems

- GNS530 has VOR2 ident problems

- Generator switches are in the OFF position at startup

Plane looks nice and flies nice though.. well worth touching up :cool:

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

You may be mixing up some things.. I released some PC12 fixes early on, but no GTN content.

Another mechanic (Autogyro) produced some systems fixes, if I remember correctly..

Lets start over with V2 / GTN750 and list the problems we find (some may be old ones..)

My list:

- EHSI has CDI deflection problems

- Altitude preselector has sound problems

- GNS530 has VOR2 ident problems

- Generator switches are in the OFF position at startup

Bert if I recall, you did fix the pitot heat problem. 

I believe there was a line in the code that you added as pressing the pitot heat button in VC wasn't actually triggering the pitot heat command, so even though it appeared turned on, the FSX engine never saw it as turned on. If memory serves me correctly that is...

OK - found it in the Gauge Update file:

<!-- Fix pitot heat -->

(A:PITOT HEAT, bool)   (L:ASD_BTN_PC12_PROBES,number)  !=  if{ (>K:PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE) }

• Upvote 2

Bert

...as an curious observer, 

Is that a bit of code from one of your updates, Bert?

Is that some LUA script?

My curiosity; it burns sometimes.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS