Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

52 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK - found it in the Gauge Update file:

<!-- Fix pitot heat -->

(A:PITOT HEAT, bool)   (L:ASD_BTN_PC12_PROBES,number)  !=  if{ (>K:PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE) }

Oh man first Carenado gives us a gtn 750 equipped v2 pc12............. More importantly the gurus @Bert Pieke and @autogyro got their hands on it....... This plane is gonna be good! @autogyro will you be updating your itt supermod for version 2????  Im scared to download version two because i love how awesome my dual gtn 750, roland wx equipped bird flys with your current mod..... I do want that actual 750 gauge in the vc though...... So torn

Jevon 

The clickspot on the top of the GTN 750 is  awkward and it would be great to have a key based 'pop up' for it. 

Is that possible?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Great to hear that you guys, Bert and autogyro, are already having a look at the new version. Thanks in advance for that! The new version actually looks very nice. It has much better performance (especially less stutters) on my system than the old one. With your mods, this is gonna be a hell of a plane! My favorite Carenado by far.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Yeah, might have to look into purchasing this one if Bert, autogyro and others can improve things with their mods.

9 hours ago, Dean33 said:

The clickspot on the top of the GTN 750 is  awkward and it would be great to have a key based 'pop up' for it. 

Is that possible?

I moved the GTN popup to Window01 in the panel.cfg file.

Then I can pop it up with a shift+2 combination (which I use for all my airplanes and have mapped to a yoke button)

Shift+9 should work in the Carenado version, try it.

If you would like to try mine:

Back up your panel.cfg file and make these changes.. (I've also disabled the Avidyne unit)

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main
Window01=GTN750
Window02=AUTOPILOT
Window03=ENGINE
Window04=TOGGLE CONTROL
Window05=INFO
Window06=ENGINE SETUP
Window07=START
Window08=EADI/EHSI

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.000, 0.000, 0.000
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.750

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window00]
Background_color=1,1,0
size_mm=851,571
position=8
visible=0
ident=19999
no_luminous=1

window_size= 0.369,  0.440
window_pos=  0.000,  0.450

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14401
window_pos= 0.660, 0.420
window_size= 0.340, 0.580
zorder=99
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT1.POP

[Window08]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
ident=10030
position=6
no_luminous=1
window_size= 0.38, 0.680
window_pos=  0.40, 0.320
gauge00=GAUGEPC12EADI!Gauge_EFIS50_EADI,     0,  0,512,512
gauge01=GAUGEPC12EHSI!Gauge_EFIS50_EHSI,     0,512,512,512
gauge02=PC12CAR!ToggleEFIS,  0,0,512,512

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_4

//gauge00=EX500_PC12!EX500_config,       0,  0,   1,  1
//gauge01=EX500_PC12!EX500_3D,           0,  0, 513,409
//gauge02=EX500_PC12!EX500_Update,       0,  0,   1,  1
//gauge03=PC12CAR!ToggleCARG500,         0,  0, 513, 32

etc

Bert

Bert - Is the Avidyne just black (off) with your disable or is the entire gauge gone? I was wondering if we could put in those rxp blank panels in place of the Avidyne?

2 hours ago, FLIGHTO said:

Bert - Is the Avidyne just black (off) with your disable or is the entire gauge gone? I was wondering if we could put in those rxp blank panels in place of the Avidyne?

Black (off)..

Bert

Can anybody comment on the sound improvement mentioned I their list of items for this V2, and in particular the engine sound outside and more importantly inside the cockpit?

To me the engine sounds were very lame, and didn't compare to the Flight-1 version. How is it now?     

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Thanks Bert. You've only had the download a day and you're answering requests!  

As you might have guessed from my ID picture I'm pretty keen on this one. 

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Thanks for the update Bert. GNS530 still turns off when i switch panel lights on. I've received an email from Carenado, They can't reproduce this issue. They ask me to uninstall and reinstall but it changes nothing....

Real Deraps

12 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

Thanks for the update Bert. GNS530 still turns off when i switch panel lights on. I've received an email from Carenado, They can't reproduce this issue. They ask me to uninstall and reinstall but it changes nothing....

Make a YouTube video of it and send it over to them. I had to do that for a Dornier 228 issue and the moment I made the video (and explained what I was doing, as well as showing all keyboard/screen inputs) they acknowledged that they would look into it.

56 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

I've sent a note to Carenado with screenshots.

Bert

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I've sent a note to Carenado with screenshots.

Thanks again.

Real Deraps

Hi all,

I like the V2.0. I took a flight today from KGTF to KGPI. Took off in heavy snow and about FL050 lost airspeed indicator. Leveled off at FL130 TRQ 37.1 -19 OAT. Max ground speed indicated on GTN was 197 KTS. I did ILS at KGPI and about FL040 airspeed came alive and completed landing. From above in the thread the pitot switch was mentioned. Would their be any problem with taking the GAUGEPC12 from the Bert's MOD and placing it in the panel file of V2.0. In the new version there is nothing about pitot in the Gauge-update.XML and in Bert's MOD. If I do that will it mess anything up?

Thanks for the help,

Dick

1 hour ago, bigsky10 said:

Would their be any problem with taking the GAUGEPC12 from the Bert's MOD and placing it in the panel file of V2.0. In the new version there is nothing about pitot in the Gauge-update.XML and in Bert's MOD. If I do that will it mess anything up?

Thanks for the help,

Dick

I've got a new care package ready for anyone who would like to try it.

PM me with your email address.

I've included the previous fixes, like Pitot Heat and duplicate clicksounds,

and new fixes for the GNS530 VOR2 info and other minor things.

• Upvote 5

Bert