Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

Nice job Jason!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Thanks for the panel mod Bert, is the pitot heat fixed in your mod?  I am losing the airspeed in clouds when using the mod.

Thanks!

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

16 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

Thanks for the panel mod Bert, is the pitot heat fixed in your mod?  I am losing the airspeed in clouds when using the mod.

Thanks!

Should be..

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Should be..

Does the panel.gtn folder go in:

drive:\P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\

?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Yes... although I use FSX..

should be same folder as where the panel folder is located.

Simple test.. when you start up the GTN 750 to the test page:

If the HSI CDI is deflected, my mod is active.

Bert

I have it (observed the deflection), but the PITOT heater's effect is not preventing ICING from affecting the airspeed.

Jeff Bea

56 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

I have it (observed the deflection), but the PITOT heater's effect is not preventing ICING from affecting the airspeed.

Do you have Probes Heat switched on (in the overhead panel)?

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Do you have Probes Heat switched on (in the overhead panel)?

Yes Bert, I do (called "Probes" in the overhead panel).  I can press 'shift + H' to make it work. But the button doesn't seem to have effect

Jeff Bea

10 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

Yes Bert, I do (called "Probes" in the overhead panel).  I can press 'shift + H' to make it work. But the button doesn't seem to have effect

That is most peculiar... maybe P3D is different than FSX... but on my system Pitot Heat is linked to the Probes Switch and shift H will not switch it on.. you have to push the switch.  Does the Amps meter show increased current when you activate the switch?

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Does the Amps meter show increased current when you activate the switch?

Did they implement that...or maybe it's automatic?  Wondering if Prop Heat ups the amperage as well.  Carenado isn't usually that detailed.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Did they implement that...or maybe it's automatic?  Wondering if Prop Heat ups the amperage as well.  Carenado isn't usually that detailed.

On my system, Pitot Heat adds 5 Amps draw.

Other signs that my mods are active:

GNS530 in the NAV2 position shows NAV2 Ident information, and the MSG button is set to OFF.

The Avidyne unit is disabled.

Bert

Hi Bert,

When I press SHIFT + H the DC Amps go from 7 to 9.  The Probe Heat doesn't toggle that on again, it just extinguishes the light on the CAWS.  I think some difference must exist between P3D and FSX?  I can verify your mod is in place.

Thanks.

Jeff Bea

I have not installed this yet but what did they fix? still same bad sound set, still poor night lighting where you can see the flash glow on the vertical speed indicator gauge and the AP panel when they took a picture of the cockpit with the flash still on? still no real engine modeling and systems? I am on FSX Steam and not purchased any new GPS units Ive been flying the NGX now the Queen and on the fence about the GTN. Was hoping the new RealityXP would be here for a cheaper updated price.

49 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

I am on FSX Steam and not purchased any new GPS units Ive been flying the NGX now the Queen and on the fence about the GTN. Was hoping the new RealityXP would be here for a cheaper updated price.

The Flight1 GTN 750 is an awesome piece of gear.. :cool:

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

The Flight1 GTN 750 is an awesome piece of gear.. :cool:

I still love the GNS430/530 if it aint broke... and speaking of broke my bank account isn't what it used to be so my flight sim budget is smaller. That is why I was hoping RealityXP would come out with an upgrade price for a FSX/P3D compatible unit.