Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

4 hours ago, Ariel said:

Email sent Bert.  Using P3D 3.4.18.  All else is working well, as far as I've flight tested it.

Pretty sure that this is a P3D vs FSX issue... working on a possible solution for P3D users.

If anyone else, using P3D, finds that my mods are not working for them, please speak up!

Bert

Ok Bert, I'll listen out.  As the Nav 2 DME range is visible on the HSI, if selected, it isn't a show-stopper for IFR navigation.

Graham

12 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Ok Bert, I'll listen out.  As the Nav 2 DME range is visible on the HSI, if selected, it isn't a show-stopper for IFR navigation.

Graham

Graham, I sent you a PM with something to test.. please try it, and report back!

Bert

Ok, flight tested your P3D mod and it has done the trick Bert - GNS 530 now working correctly.  Genius!  Pass it on it to your grateful fans...

Graham

(You are what's called "added value")

Bert, I'm using your mod in P3D 2.4 and it seems to work fine. Have MZB set Nav1 on the GTN750 and PGY set to Nav2 on the 530 with the HSI showing Nav2 pointing correctly to PGY. The 530 shows the correct heading and distance from PGY when heading to MZB. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something but it seems to be working the way is should here with P3D 2.4, although P3D 3x might be another story.

Cheers

Martin

I've been noticing some tweaking it looks like LM is doing to P3D flight models and, perhaps, this is one of them?  E.g. A sim friend (FSX) and I (P3D) have noticed that P-Factor is significantly lighter in P3D, though, we haven't verified that it isn't something to do with our respective sims.  I think we'd need a simmer running both on the same machine to be sure.  Not sure what other changes (if any) might be out there.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

49 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Bert, I'm using your mod in P3D 2.4 and it seems to work fine. Have MZB set Nav1 on the GTN750 and PGY set to Nav2 on the 530 with the HSI showing Nav2 pointing correctly to PGY. The 530 shows the correct heading and distance from PGY when heading to MZB. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something but it seems to be working the way is should here with P3D 2.4, although P3D 3x might be another story.

Cheers

Martin

Martin,  I'm happy to hear it is working with P3D V2!

P3D V3 seems to look for gauges in different places.. as I figure it out, I'll start a new topic with some suggestions for P3D V3 users who have trouble with my mods.

Bert

1 hour ago, Ariel said:

Ok, flight tested your P3D mod and it has done the trick Bert - GNS 530 now working correctly.  Genius!  Pass it on it to your grateful fans...

Graham

Graham, that is good to hear!

Maybe this is a way for P3D V3 users to get my mods to "stick"  :cool:

Bert

Yeah, I think P3D 2.4 is the most like FSX, after 2.5 things changed a lot with their file structure. Only reason I haven't updated is some of my old favorites like Aerosoft PB-Y, Digital Aviation Cheyenne, Vans RV7 and a few others will probably never see P3D 3 or 4 for that matter. 

Martin

11 hours ago, Ariel said:

Graham

Happy you like it!

Someone just told me that the  left outer GNS knob does not dial the COM2 frequency..

Quick fix:

Add this to the ASandYD.xml file (in the CustomPC12 folder),

place it just below the Anti-skid lines..

<!-- Fix GNS530 COM dial -->

(L:L_Var5,bool) (L:SWAPNAVCOM2,bool) == if{ (L:L_Var5,bool) ! (>L:L_Var5,bool) }

Bert

Has anyone noticed odd ILS LNAV issues?

I typically use the PC-12 on FSEconomy and fly in and out of KBNA as my round-trip hub. Last night there was pretty poor visibility preventing what is almost always a visual approach. I did 6 roundtrip legs into KBNA via ILS 31.

• I'm using v2 with GTN 750
  • Default KBNA scenery
  • 111.95 in NAV1
  • Autopilot set to NAV
  • 316* on the course
  • Switch from GPS NAV to HDG
  • Set VLOC on the GTN 750

I'll set capture angle within 15 degrees and the HSI will reflect the course and GS. However instead of capturing the expected course the plane will make a near 90 degree left turn. It's always a left turn. After the first time it happened I then set 111.95 in the NAV2 just in case there was some funkiness there. I have a single GTN 750 set to COM1/NAV1.

It did this 3 out of 6 approaches last night. So I know it works but I can't explain why it only works 50% of the time. I did not have these issues with V1.

Anyone else notice odd ILS capture performance?

Note: I do not have Bert's v2 mods currently configured on this aircraft.

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Happy you like it!

Someone just told me that the  left outer GNS knob does not dial the COM2 frequency..

Quick fix:

Add this to the ASandYD.xml file (in the CustomPC12 folder),

place it just below the Anti-skid lines..

<!-- Fix GNS530 COM dial -->

(L:L_Var5,bool) (L:SWAPNAVCOM2,bool) == if{ (L:L_Var5,bool) ! (>L:L_Var5,bool) }

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Don't know about editing XML files Bert.  I tried a simple notepad edit but I'm not sure that it took.  No change seen in the sim, anyway.

The fault I see with Carenado's God-awful GNS 530 is with the radio frequency tuning knob (LH):-

1. The centre press function cycles the COM/NAV standby frequency correctly on the display.

2. The small inner knob correctly changes the decimal khz of the selected standby - both COM and NAV.

3 The large outer knob changes the whole khz numbers only on the NAV standby - even if COM standby is selected.  (I have found a click-spot outside the knob which will change the COM standby numbers).  Good old Carenado! There's always something...

If you think that your xml edit will cure that one I would like to have a copy, or the whole CustonmPC12  folder with it in, and I'll give it another try.

Graham

1 hour ago, Ariel said:

Sent you a new complete copy to try.

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Sent you a new complete copy to try.

Brilliant.  Works for me in P3D 3.4.  NAV/COM 2 now tuning correctly as well.  Thanks again Bert.  My Pilatus is now flying like it always should have done!  (Not so sure about the great pitch down with 15 flap which makes flying an ILS glide-path a bit strange - but hey, I've never flown one for real, and never will now, so I'll have to buy that one.

Graham

26 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Brilliant.  Works for me in P3D 3.4.  NAV/COM 2 now tuning correctly as well.  Thanks again Bert.  My Pilatus is now flying like it always should have done!  (Not so sure about the great pitch down with 15 flap which makes flying an ILS glide-path a bit strange - but hey, I've never flown one for real, and never will now, so I'll have to buy that one.

Graham

Graham,  Happy to hear it!  :biggrin:

Bert