Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

6 hours ago, Ariel said:

(Not so sure about the great pitch down with 15 flap which makes flying an ILS glide-path a bit strange - but hey, I've never flown one for real, and never will now, so I'll have to buy that one.

The question is what's your speed with flaps 15°?  Even at MLW the correct VAPP 15° is only 98kts. 

With 50% fuel and only the pilot on board this results in a conventional -1° to 0° pitch attitude.

With flaps up VAPP is 118kts     

9 hours ago, polizei said:

Even at MLW the correct VAPP 15° is only 98kts. 

Geez, is that it on this thing? I'm most certainly going in waaaaaay too fast. I normally approach at about 100kts with flaps 30°

Explains a lot!

Here are the approach speeds   VAPP 0°/118     15°/98      30°/89      40°/84     

Unfortunately the fast/slow indicator on the PFD doesn't show any useable values. 

20 minutes ago, polizei said:

Here are the approach speeds   VAPP 0°/118     15°/98      30°/89      40°/84     

Unfortunately the fast/slow indicator on the PFD doesn't show any useable values. 

Awesome, thanks.

Clearly this plane is not a good candidate for a busy Vatsim fly-in. But that absolutely would explain why I've seen some pretty crazy approach angles in my travels and the various YouTube videos I've watched of simmers. We're all going waaaay too fast.

On 2017-03-08 at 4:19 PM, Lmaire said:

Thanks for the update Bert. GNS530 still turns off when i switch panel lights on. I've received an email from Carenado, They can't reproduce this issue. They ask me to uninstall and reinstall but it changes nothing....

Carenado just told me that they fixed this.

Download a new copy..

Bert

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Carenado just told me that they fixed this.

Download a new copy..

Thanks for the head-up. Did they also fix the pitot issue or i have to use your mods?

Real Deraps

5 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

Thanks for the head-up. Did they also fix the pitot issue or i have to use your mods?

Keep using my mods.. 

Bert

21 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Keep using my mods.. 

Perfect. Thank you.

Real Deraps

2 hours ago, softreset said:

Awesome, thanks.

Clearly this plane is not a good candidate for a busy Vatsim fly-in.

Not necessarily. One of the main advantages of a turboprop is that you can keep high speed in clean config a very long time and drop gear and flaps very late in the approach.  IRL you wouldn't even think about flying on the ILS with flaps extended in a high density area.

20 hours ago, Ariel said:

Not so sure about the great pitch down with 15 flap which makes flying an ILS glide-path a bit strange - but hey, I've never flown one for real, and never will now, so I'll have to buy that one.

Graham

PC-12 trait.  Read post #4 here.

Todd

Since we're talking about the PC-12...

Is there a fix for the problem where you turn on the instrument lights and the GNS530 goes black?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

31 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Since we're talking about the PC-12...

Is there a fix for the problem where you turn on the instrument lights and the GNS530 goes black?

Bert's just told me that Carenado has fixed this issue. We just have to redownload and reinstall the aircraft. That's what i did and it works ok now.

Real Deraps

4 hours ago, softreset said:

Awesome, thanks.

Clearly this plane is not a good candidate for a busy Vatsim fly-in. But that absolutely would explain why I've seen some pretty crazy approach angles in my travels and the various YouTube videos I've watched of simmers. We're all going waaaay too fast.

That's probably why i always have a bumpy landing (too fast approach). I'll see next flight....

Real Deraps

ah. ok. I downloaded from PCAviator and I guess they still have the old version.

Thanks

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi Bert,

I have not installed any of your mods before, I received the following:

DIGITRANS_PC12v5

panel.gtn

PC12 mods V2.0

I followed the instructions to install the contents of the PC12 mods V2.0:

I created a new folder called panel.New, extracted the files from P3D gauge folders then copied and overwrote the .xml files

I then copied the panel.gtn into the root Carenado PC12 folder, so I now have the following 3 folders, panel, panel.new and panel.gtn.  I copied the DIGITRANS_PC12 folder overwriting the folder within the panel.gtn folder.

Are there any changes visually to the VC or am I only to expect changes to the systems?

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/