PC-12 Version 2 Update

51 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Hi Bert,

I have not installed any of your mods before, I received the following:

DIGITRANS_PC12v5

panel.gtn

PC12 mods V2.0

I followed the instructions to install the contents of the PC12 mods V2.0:

I created a new folder called panel.New, extracted the files from P3D gauge folders then copied and overwrote the .xml files

I then copied the panel.gtn into the root Carenado PC12 folder, so I now have the following 3 folders, panel, panel.new and panel.gtn.  I copied the DIGITRANS_PC12 folder overwriting the folder within the panel.gtn folder.

Are there any changes visually to the VC or am I only to expect changes to the systems?

Robert

This is old...lets start over.

Bert

Finally managed to install your latest package Bert, love it! Great job, everything works like it should.  Thanks so much for your hard work.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

In response to requests, I have now also added a revamped popup GNS530.

The GNS can be used to drive the autopilot, by right clicking the memory card slot on the GTN750, which toggles the GPS source between the GTN and GNS. This can be useful if you have an FSX flightplan loaded or you want a Direct-to an FSX airport that is not in the GTN database.

Request V3 from me via PM, including your email address.

• Upvote 1

Bert

Thanks to Bert I got his MOD for the V2 PC12.  I have the GTN 750 V1.21 installs and works great.  I am having a little bump which I noticed today which I can not understand.  In the original PC 12 I had a gtn 750 in both of the GSN 530 slots.  Worked good. It seems with the new V2 (Bert's MOD) with the Carenado config file installed the top 750 works great. The 530 under starts out fine and then shuts down.  I may have messed something up with I ran the F1 config and installs two gtn units. I use the Stack to get unit 2 up and then slide it to a second screen. About the time I get flight plan and freqs in it the GSN shuts down.  I don't have F1 GSN and don't plan on getting it.  I would rather use the GTN. 

I looks and have old panel config for PC 12 V1 but don't want to start copying things over and mess up Bert's MOD.  Can any one put some light on my problem. I can send old and new configs but didn't want to take up space here.

Thanks

Dick

I am afraid we have operator error here.  I went in and reinstalled the PC-12 V2. I then went back to my e-mail and got the GTN MOD of Bert's out and reinstalled it.  Now I have a working GTN and GNS in the Dash. I see now the EX500 doesn't work but that is Ok.  I might try and see if there is a way to put the second GTN unit in there.  If I can get it in there the popup would be really useful.  Because I have a double monitor setup I always put unit 2 on thee 2nd monitor.  I like to use the 2nd unit to check charts and fregs and approaches.  Works better that one unit. Thanks for the help. It is always great to have guys that know more that I do that can help.

Thanks

Dick

Hello All, This is a new area for me to try.  I like what I have read so far. I agree that Bert is a great asset to the sim world. I enjoy the GTN750 in my Cj2. I like the looks of the PC-12 v2.  I am using P3D v3.4 and have found mixed reviews if this plane will work in this version.  I do want to keep the GTN750 since I just got it working with1601. Can someone let me know if the GTN750 is a pop up window, or did someone work so magic to have it in the panel? I see there is some other minor issues, but looks like everyone has it under control.  

Thanks,

Craig

20 hours ago, Beech 200 said:

Hello All, This is a new area for me to try.  I like what I have read so far. I agree that Bert is a great asset to the sim world. I enjoy the GTN750 in my Cj2. I like the looks of the PC-12 v2.  I am using P3D v3.4 and have found mixed reviews if this plane will work in this version.  I do want to keep the GTN750 since I just got it working with1601. Can someone let me know if the GTN750 is a pop up window, or did someone work so magic to have it in the panel? I see there is some other minor issues, but looks like everyone has it under control.  

Thanks,

Craig

It is integrated in the panel, as an included option.

Works nicely..

Bert

I am using PC-12 V2 on P3D 3.4, and GTN750 1.22

50% of times, after avionics start. the GTN works but after some minutes it freezes

It IS alive, in fact I can open/close panel, click on knobs and so on, but I can't use it in any way: just showing something on screen and no buttons working at all

If I use the Carenado Phenom 100 with the GTN mod, it works like a breeze, same P3D istance and so on

all is update to the real last version, all used in admin mode

Even the suggestion i have found to set the GTN configuration panel to use ALL the cpu cores don't make any difference

any idea?

ciao and TY

Based on everything that has been posted here I have been hesitant to switch to version 2.  Version 1 works very well for me with the engine and autopilot mods provided by the users of the forum.  

I've been looking at the problem i'm having with the GTN750.  I did update the program to the latest version.  Where I'm finding an issue is with major storm weather, rain, snow, and low visibility.  The GTN750 become very slow to react. It's always loosing TAWS and GPS lost signal. In fair and over cast days it works great.  I have noticed that the new version allows weather in FIS-B. I have a feeling this is whats causing the slowness in weather condition.  Only a guess.  I did send a request to Flight1 asking about this. I really like the PC-12 v 2.0. 

Could someone help me to get the GTN 750 working?  I just uninstalled the old PC-12, downloaded the update V2 from simMarket,and installed it.  When I bring the new version up it still shows the GNS 530 and not the GTN 750. I must be overlooking something.  I would appreciate it,

Sincerely

40 minutes ago, pathfinder7 said:

Could someone help me to get the GTN 750 working?  I just uninstalled the old PC-12, downloaded the update V2 from simMarket,and installed it.  When I bring the new version up it still shows the GNS 530 and not the GTN 750. I must be overlooking something.  I would appreciate it,

Sincerely

Pathfinder,

There is an exe file in the Carenado PC 12 folder called F1GTN750PC12. Click on it to run and it will set up the GTN 750 for you in the panel.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

That's strange. I've got the RXP exe file and the Carenado 530 exe, but I don't have the GTN exec.... Is there another version update I don't know about?