Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

Thanks, I'll check to see if there's another version out there....

:-)

Hi Pathfinder7, You may have found the file by now, but the folder you are looking for in in Lockheed Martin/Prepar3dv3/SimObjects/Airplanes/CarenadoPC-12.  F1GTN750PC12

On 3/13/2017 at 3:55 PM, J35OE said:

I've seen that quite often at video reviews that the 'reviewer' has the condition lever at low or full forward even before hitting the starter button with the expected overspeed and overtorque

By (fsx) design no turboprop starter can crank the engine higher than 12%, so if you open the fuel flow at 11%-12%. That's why ctrl-e isn't a bad choice is this is closest to RW. 

Using ctrl-e also places the condition lever (in all planes) at 40% for ground idle which results in lower/more realistic RPM/torque than 50%.

As Bert mentioned it's essential that the throttle is at 0%.  Even 1 or 2% open again increases the fuel flow during start up with the associated problems.

1. power leaver for start is always in " IDLE " no question about this

2 Condition leavers always in cut off position (no fuel flow should be allowed into combustion chamber unless condition for the start are ideal) that could be - fast spool, enough voltage on battery for start, ITT below max ITT for start, no strange noise, N2 12% or whatever you company SOP says.

3. Fuel flow (pump) should be check before every start 

that is fuel pump on, fuel pressure verified, but no fuel flow (fuel is in cut off position at all time) if you suspect fuel flow, you should not start as fuel will get into combustion chamber before N2 is at 12% will cause hot start, and you are looking for a new job. If there is fuel flow before 12% N2, abort the start and motor the engine.  On Caravan PT6 when you shut down the ITT could be still hotter than ideal for next star. In this cause, we hit the starter let N2 accelerate to 12% and waiting until ITT slowly creeps down as the air is compressed and rushed through the turbine. It only takes few seconds, then introduce fuel (in caravan condition fuel lever to ground idle) same engine. About 50% of fuel. When the speed sensor in the starter- generator
senses a speed greater than 46 % NG power is removed from the starter. This ground idle is use for all conditions except when in the air. The ground idles it gives you more ideal conditions for taxiing and taxiing back to parking as you must wait 3 min before shutting down. Less fuel less heat.

Hope it helps

So I have to ask, is this mod good-to-go with v4?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

This is what Carenado says as of 7/11/2017:

iFD4mAq.png

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

On 7/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

So I have to ask, is this mod good-to-go with v4?

I have been using the performance mods by Autogyro and Bert in v4 without any issues at all. Just waiting for the GTN and this thing will be close to perfect. 

Nick Preston

On 7/30/2017 at 7:50 AM, LEAPWeaver said:

I have been using the performance mods by Autogyro and Bert in v4 without any issues at all. Just waiting for the GTN and this thing will be close to perfect. 

Are you running v2 of the plane? I had some odd HSI sync issues with the mods on P3Dv4, v2 of the plane and the v1 mod pack (sorry, lots of acronyms)

On 7/31/2017 at 11:01 AM, softreset said:

Are you running v2 of the plane? I had some odd HSI sync issues with the mods on P3Dv4, v2 of the plane and the v1 mod pack (sorry, lots of acronyms)

Yes, I am running V2 of the PC-12 with the current version of the mod pack, which is V1.8. Now that the GTN is available for P3D4 I can finally use this bird in all its glory. Flew from KBLI to KPHX (just a hair over four hours) last night and everything was golden.

Nick Preston

Did you extract 1.8 direct or install piecemeal on top of V2 PC12?

My memory is fuzzy on this but I've tried twice and got no GTN750 just the two 530s??

Do I need to run GTN configuration?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

2 hours ago, Dean33 said:

Did you extract 1.8 direct or install piecemeal on top of V2 PC12?

My memory is fuzzy on this but I've tried twice and got no GTN750 just the two 530s??

Do I need to run GTN configuration?

I followed the installation instructions included with v1.8 of the mod pack. 

To get the GTN in the PC-12 you have to run "F1GTN750PC12.exe" which will be located in the SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12 folder. This will install the GTN into the PC-12 automatically.

Nick Preston

6 hours ago, LEAPWeaver said:

I followed the installation instructions included with v1.8 of the mod pack. 

To get the GTN in the PC-12 you have to run "F1GTN750PC12.exe" which will be located in the SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12 folder. This will install the GTN into the PC-12 automatically.

The PC12's running nicely in V4 but although I've installed the last version of the mods I got from Bert (not sure where you're getting the version number as my zip is just called "panel.gtn"), I don't think the mods are working for me, as the IAS button the AP is staying on, after levelling out and ALT is captured.

Have emailed the main man, to get the latest version. :gaul:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I tried this and the 1.8 mods don't work in PC12 V2. 

Uninstalled, started again. Added Berts mods and GTN and working great. 👍

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

6 hours ago, Dean33 said:

I tried this and the 1.8 mods don't work in PC12 V2. 

Uninstalled, started again. Added Berts mods and GTN and working great. 👍

Are you getting deflection on the HSI? I've uninstalled and reinstalled and with the mods... no deflection. Without the mods, expected deflection.

15 hours ago, softreset said:

Are you getting deflection on the HSI? I've uninstalled and reinstalled and with the mods... no deflection. Without the mods, expected deflection.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a panel to try..

Bert