Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

On 3/15/2017 at 1:50 PM, J35OE said:

Not necessarily. One of the main advantages of a turboprop is that you can keep high speed in clean config a very long time and drop gear and flaps very late in the approach.  IRL you wouldn't even think about flying on the ILS with flaps extended in a high density area.

So the procedure would be to keep 200+ kts. in a clean configuration, then about a mile out, pull back the PCL till speed drops below 176kts, drop the gear, then add flaps as speed drops further?

Hi Folks,

Good info - I think one of the reasons this plane hasn't captured my imagination - is I didn't really know how to fly it... Any tips are very helpful - only two notches of flaps on normal landings - it's a STOL - right ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

85 knots final approach speed with two/three notches of flaps.

Touch down at about 70 knots.

In real life the AOA gauge is used for managing speed... in the Carenado version, the AOA is not that useful..

See if you can find the Flightvideoproductions PC12 movie, it is excellent!

https://www.fspilotshop.com/flight-video-productions-the-pilatus-flight-video-p-545.html

or less detail:

• Upvote 1

Bert

Hello everyone,

Is anyone else still having HSI issues in the pc12. My HSI works some of the time but typically when im a good distance away to the way point it work for a short time then stops working and wont work the rest of the flight. Im not sure if carenado has updated the plane since it the was first updated for v4. I heard Bert Pieke might have a fix.

So I have just bought the plane, but went here because I knew there are some mods. I just don't really understand what mods are available. Can someone help me and tell me what is possible and necessary?

Ideally I would love to stick with the normal gns530, replace the second gns530 with a weather radar for ASN, and the avidyne can go :) 

It's possible, and incredible. We now have the ultimate Pc-12. Love it, Bert!

If only someone could make a decent turboprop .air file (nearly impossible due to sim limitations), and those magicians at Majestic haven't revealed their secret yet..... :-)

Old thread but having issues.

Just got the Pilatus and installed Bert's mod... thnx Bert !

Only issue is using Flight1 GTN... which normally works great including SAB and do228.

Intercepts localiser just great... but as the glideslope comes in... it pitches up... then down... and it never quite catches up with it.

My approach speed is fine and flaps and gear down.

As I say, I do same as I do with other addons including Carenados.

It's just wierd on the PC12. Any ideas please ?

Thnx

Edited by Gabe777

37 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Old thread but having issues.

Just got the Pilatus and installed Bert's mod... thnx Bert !

Only issue is using Flight1 GTN... which normally works great including SAB and do228.

Intercepts localiser just great... but as the glideslope comes in... it pitches up... then down... and it never quite catches up with it.

My approach speed is fine and flaps and gear down.

As I say, I do same as I do with other addons including Carenados.

It's just wierd on the PC12. Any ideas please ?

Thnx

There are alternate PC12 flight models out there.. one even on the Carenado web site..  Which FDE have you got?

And how much flaps down do you have set?...

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

There are alternate PC12 flight models out there.. one even on the Carenado web site..  Which FDE have you got?

And how much flaps down do you have set?...

Hi Bert.

I downloaded the Alternative FDE on the Carenado site. Then installed the combined panel mod and made the modifications to the electrical section, as per the panel stuff you sent me.

As for flaps... I just follow the official checklists... so by intercept I'm at around 100 kias, gear down and flaps at 2 notches.

Maybe I should slow down to landing speed and full flaps ?

Thing is I don't have this issue with other Carenados... it just starts to pitch down... and then I reduce power to maintain Vapp speed.

But the PC12 pitches up... almost to sniff out the GS, finds it and then pitches down... but not quickly enough. Net result is it never catches up and I have to discon the AP and do it myself.

Less flaps is better, I believe.. send me a PM for another FDE to try..

Bert

59 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

But the PC12 pitches up... almost to sniff out the GS, finds it and then pitches down... but not quickly enough. Net result is it never catches up and I have to discon the AP and do it myself.

At what speed are you extending the flaps to 30deg? Are you extending the flaps directly from 0 to 30deg?  On normal lenght runways 15deg is enough.

Most operators are using 15 for landing, and some are going to 30 over the threshold. 

Edited by FDEdev

Well regardless of flap setting, being established on localiser at 3000ft at steady speed.... should result in smooth GS capture.

It does in just about every other aircraft I have... just not the PC12.

Strange, just tested. 1500ft, 200kts.Idle at GS intercept, gear down at 150kts, flaps at 120kts,  GS deflection never more than a single dot.

3000ft, 235kts, 1 dot fly down max GS deviation (no pitch up)

3000ft, 150kts, GS centered (no pitch up) 

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 1