Sign in to follow this  
downscc

T2G KMCO Missing Rnw/Approach Lights

I've had this T2G product for a little while, and have his 2.1 update installed.  What could have been my first approach at night I found missing approach lighting and runway lighting on 36L 36R 35R and runway edge lights but no approach lights 36L.

I reinstalled product, updated video driver to 376.33, and signed up for his forum.  While that process happens I was wondering if anyone here also has missing lighting at T2G KMCO??  I checked my T2G KSEA and it is okay.  I have taxi lighting and VASI, just no runway edge, center or end lights and no approach including I do not see the approach light fixtures he usually includes. Its as if I am missing a runway light bgl, which is why I reinstalled.  At a loss here.

Ideas?

Dan Downs KCRP

It does not work correctly with P3D as far as I can tell.  I had the same issues with night lighting, etc in the past when I tried it in P3D.  Not sure what the 2.1 update is, but I don't think it fixes the P3D issues.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Eric, that is the only explanation that makes sense.  The Simmarket product sheet does only list FSX and others such as KSEA list FSX and P3D.  Oh well. Sometimes it works but non-SDK lights must be the problem.  Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gerard, so good to hear from you again.  I was reviewing our 612 message thread in the LM forum this morning doing some research.

Thanks much for the link.  T2G had no such info at their web page.  Will give it a try when done with current session long haul.

EDIT:  Had a look inside zip and found an AFCAD..., so fix is to add the lights to the AFCAD that normally only supports traffic and no scenery. I thought about doing that myself..., in fact I probably will since I have custom pushback lanes for GSX already built into my AFCAD.  I'm no stranger to ADE so this won't take long.  Thanks again for the point in the right direction Gerard.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Hmm, may have to give this a shot as well if there is workaround for the lights, I miss having KMCO.  I think you have to use the FSX.exe trick in order to get it installed to P3D though??

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

The problem with that updated afcad is the jet way signs for some reason get all messed up. I have Spirit signs on all the Delta gates. Wish I could have the runway lights and the correct jet way signage. 

Eric 

My proposed fix that instead of using someone else AFCAD, you use AFE to open the bgl AFCAD from T2G.  Save it to your projects, and simply modify each runway adding lights. No need to add VASI/PAPI because they already appear. Now compile your AFCAD and put it in the KMCO scenery folder and don't forget to append the default with a .OFF extension.  I will use the FAA data to get the type lights but most charts have most of what you need.  This should have no impact on the scenery other than adding lights.  The T2G AFCAD, as most provided by scenery developers, does not include scenery because it's only function is to accommodate AI traffic as well as basic simulator stuff like gate numbers and starting points.

EDIT:  Update for folks wanting to edit their AFCADs using FAA data here: https://nfdc.faa.gov/nfdcApps/services/airportLookup/airportDisplay.jsp?airportId=kmco

Summary:  All approach lights are ALSF-2 except 18L & 36L no lights,  18R MALSR.  All have left PAPI4 except 35R right PAPI4, 18L left VASI32.  All runways have high center and high edge lights. None have end lights or REIL.  That should be close to actual.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP