Sign in to follow this  
rudder

fragmented

Hi all, after reinstalling window 7, the aircraft are fragmented in both fsx and fs9. while installing fs9 it asked for dx9, could not install over dx11. while installing fsx it asked for the english version. ive had this game for 10 years. i know at times i am idiotic , but this very confusing, any help. thanks

Sorry, you are a bit confusing!  Is FSX and FS9 now running on your computer?  When it asks for the English version, are you referring to the FSX install disks or SP2?  I just got done re-installing my FSX after trying to re-install SP2 and it said it needed my FSX install to be the "English" version.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi, yes both fsx and fs9 are on my computer.  when installing fsx Delux using the disks it asked for the english version.  I have the Gold fsx version that installed ok. the planes are still fragmented. Have not installed sp1 or sp2 yet. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, rudder said:

Gold fsx version

Still just a bit confusing.  There is actually no version of FSX called "Gold".  Gold is a package of FSX products which contains both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration (though you can only install one or the other).

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

No SPs needed if Acceleration is installed.  Uncheck the box for DX10 Preview!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: