Sign in to follow this  
buffewo

Initialize Problem

I recently installed RCV4 on my FSX Win 7 setup. After getting the new registration and resolving a dll problem, everything appeared to be normal . When starting Radar Contact I get the following error message:

Run-Time Error 9

Radar Contact.rcv4module.initialize.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Roger

As an added note, when I run the rebuild scenery DB It just runs and nothing happens. It almost seems that RC doesn't know where FSX is and I cant seem to tell it.

Roger

Make sure you have rcv4.exe set to run as admin.

Besides the path you put in initially, you need to tell RC when prompted the path to FS each time you run the scenery rebuild.

Be sure after the install you put in the current makerwys.exe from http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/ over wriiting the makerwys.exe in your FS folder that came  with the installation.n run the scenery rebuild again.

Likewise replace the installed fsuipc in your modules folder with the latest from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/.

Ronzie

That may be my problem. During installation or Scenery Rebuild I am never asked for the path to FSX. My makerwys and fsuipc are up to date. Sounds like something in the installation process went astray.

Roger

Ronzie

If its any help, when I load a flight plan into FS and then do the same in RC it does not appear in the top window. It just seemsthat FS and RC are not talking to each other somehow. I have run the installation several times and all seems to be well. As I said I am never asked the path to FS. The install went to C:/ Programs/RCV4.

Roger

Check on the RC Options tab the flt/wxr tab. Browse to your documents folder and then to the folder containing the plans. On mine it is:

C:\Users\Ronzie\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms\Flight Simulator X Files

Example is from Win 7 and requires accessing from your user roaming path. DO NOT USE THE CANCEL BUTTON ON THIS TAB OR YOU'LL CORRUPT THE RC .DAT FILES. Once you start the tab finish the browse or you'll corrupt the dat file. For backup in a separate safety folder copy keyboard.dat and rcv3.dat to that safety folder. Yes that is not a typo. rcv3.dat is one of the files, not rcv4.dat. Keeping these two backup files can avoid a reinstall.

You can't go directly into your documents folder unless you are on WinXP and below.. Those dat files contain your license key, keyboard assignments, and last flight used with RC.

If you are using FS9 and FSX or P3D, you need to have two folders for rc. One would be for FS9 and the other for your other FS version. When updating the scenery build be sure you run RC from the correct RC folder so you pointing to the correct FS data set.

I have two shortcuts pointing to rcv4.exe, one for each RC folder. Do not rename rcv4.exe, just rename the shortcut label to it.

If on starting the scenery rebuild you do not see the makerwys window giving you a runway count, then RC is not executing it. Rc must have admin rights (above Win XP vesions).

If RC and FS are on the same workstation, answer the question appropriately when prompted in the scenery rebuild and continue. If they are on different networked PCs the you must run makerwys.exe directly first in your FS folder,

Ronzie

. My files are in C:\Roger Lewis\My Documents\Flight Simulator X files. They are also in my equivalent of the path you cited above. So I assume that I am using the incorrect path. I will do a reinstall and use the path you suggest. I still don't understand why the Scenery Rebuild doesn't work. Will advise further.

Roger

Ronzie

Did a reinstall and used the path you suggested. Nothing changed. Still get error 9. Scenery Rebuild still doesn't work. There has to be something fundamental that is missing.

Roger

I am beginning to think I have an old version of RC. The version number is 4.0.3675. If this is in fact true, how do I get an upgrade to the latest? The website doesn't offer much help.

Roger

Very old. You need 4.3.3845 as shown on its splash screen. In properties it will show up as 4.03.3845.

Send an e-mail to dthompss@comcast.net with your ownership information and ask for a download link. Be sure to include your e-mail address and user name when you ordered.

You will need to install some dlls after getting RC to install overwriting the dlls on the installation package. See the error 713 topic here and read the if you need help topic

The download is about 600 MB as I recall.

You will need to have admin rights at login and set rcv4.exe properties to run as admin.