Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Al

FMC Issues

29 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

You mean that I know it may take decades? 

Yeah...totally...

Kyle Rodgers

16 hours ago, Tabs said:

For what it's worth, issue #1 is already in our bug tracker, I noticed it during testing when comparing that situation to an actual level D sim. It'll get fixed but likely not until we do the long-awaited navdata format rebuild. Issue #2 is going to be similar because as it stands right now, the navdata does not define what the FAF is like the actual ARINC 424 spec does. Same reason we don't have automatic transition altitudes/levels, glidepath angles for RNAV approaches, etc like the real FMCs do.

Thanks Ryan, then I really do not need to submit to PMDG if you are aware of these 2 unless you want me to. For those who are interested, here are the references from the FCOM, pages may be different in your references. Both of these work identically between the 400 and -8. I did take pictures if you want I can submit those.

I am doing my recurrent in the 400 instead of the -8 this time around...

* During preflight when entering a runway on the RTE X page 1 and entering a waypoint in the TO column without first entering a VIA airway displays a DIRECT segment on the first VIA line from the runway threshold. When a runway has not been entered on the RTE X page 1, dashes display on the first VIA line. 

* FCOM VOL 2.  Flight Management/Navigation 11.40.24

Selecting an arrival runway or approach displays an approach intercept waypoint  on the approach course for selected approach or runway. Following selection of a transition, the charted fix or CFXXX is replaced with the final approach fix (FAF) intercept (example: PELLY INTC).

FCOM VOL 2.  Auotmatic Flight 4.20.16

You mean that I know it may take decades? 

ouch

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)