Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Aerobask general update on new Eclipse and Panthera

Over at the Org

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/117041-news-from-aerobask-eclipse-550-ng-and-panthera-30-hd/

I'm especially excited about the EA50 - love that little jet.  I'm just a little bummed they aren't considering RXP GTN750/650 integration.  Aerobask has worked so hard to accommodate all three OS's (impressive for sure!) and I applaud that but their avionics are still lacking IAP's (at least is what I took from their announcement) - a MAJOR component to any TAA glass cockpit aircraft today.  There's always planemaker lol!  If Bluebell can do it maybe I can too!  But still it's early to say for sure... perhaps their Dynon Skyview will tap into the default database and we'll be able to use IAP's afterall!

Your thoughts?

6.jpg.9509026fec6b57c1fc292495022d5576.j

3.jpg.4cfb6f857fc47a3e4694a26f3ee5f9a2.j

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Both look wonderful. However, I'm also a bit sad that they aren't considering RXP integration. I'd even pay extra for it. I know they're proud of their work, and they should be; what they've achieved with their GTN replica looks outstanding. But I would still like the choice.

I'm not going to say I won't buy anything because of a lack of integration, because I still may. But the choice to purchase would be that much clearer if RXP integration was planned.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Guest Mik75

Well, from what I've seen so far (Catstrator did an interesting stream with the beta version of the Panthera), their GTN looks amazing. And as I absolutely love their current Skyview avionics package, these releases will both be instant buys for me! ;-)

Why do you need RealityXP integration if they are coming with their own GTN750? 

At least your nav data will be fresh :)

4 hours ago, katice said:

Why do you need RealityXP integration if they are coming with their own GTN750? 

At least your nav data will be fresh :)

For one thing, no IAP's, as Ryan pointed out.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The dev is saying it will be able to do it, but not arcs (and procedure turns I think)

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/117041-news-from-aerobask-eclipse-550-ng-and-panthera-30-hd/

I've tried a HILPT for an RNAV apch and it did not fly it in the Victory jet.  

Anyway im sure I'll buy it regardless 

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Panthera v3 has been released.

I am very biased, because of my previous work for Aerobask and for taking part in the beta test, but I still think it's awesome. Lionel's work on the GTN and the SkyViews, as well as Stephane's work on the improved exterior and interior (esp. when used in X-Plane 11), are again a big step forward in Aerobask's development.

Esp. the look and feel of the GTN is so very close to what I'm used to in several years of experience with the Garmin trainer (in Prepar3D) that I nearly can't believe it. Despite restricted functionality, it does feel right. It does not feel as if someone has tried to simulate a GTN, but it feels as if it is a GTN, maybe in a different software version. And in contrast to the Garmin trainer, it also works on Mac and Linux.

Only thing you need to be aware of is that support for SIDs, STARs and approaches is basic, similar to the Epic Victory / E1000. But that's still more than in other "big" GA glass cockpits (incl. the ones I worked on). So if you want avionics really integrated in the aircraft (without external software), or if you can't use RealityXP's GTN, because you're not on Windows, this is the most comprehensive GA avionics suite you can get at the moment.

I even bought it again, despite already having free beta access. :laugh:

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Guest Mik75

Thanks for the heads up! I am gonna grab it while it´s hot! ;-)