Sign in to follow this  
JetManHuss

The VSKYLABS Phoenix Air Phoenix Project

Hi :)

The Phoenix Air Phoenix is a Czech low-wing, two-seat motor glider (powered by a Rotax 921 ULS engine), designed and produced by Phoenix Air (http://www.phoenixair.cz - developed by Martin Stepaneck) and provided as a complete ready-to-fly aircraft. The Phoenix was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules and US light-sport aircraft rules.

This will be my second real-aircraft project in the LSA category (first was the Aeropro EuroFOX), and it will cover the Phoenix variants (U-15, D-14). The Initial version of the add-on for X-Plane is aimed to be released during March 2017.

The project's page is under development and in a week or two it will begin to expand with lots of information, screenshots etc...
Here is a link to the project's page: http://www.vskylabs.com/2017/02/vskylabs-phoenix-air-phoenix-lsa.html

(I will post update in this topic also...).

Here are a few screenshots (the project is ** UNDER DEVELOPMENT **...3D model is yet to be in its final configuration and details...of course...).

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+001.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+002.jpg

Interesting. Looks as if someone grabbed a DA20, squashed the front nose and turned it into a tail dragger!

Kudos to you for bringing some of these lesser known aircraft into the sim!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

On 3/7/2017 at 9:12 PM, Jimmy RFR said:

Interesting. Looks as if someone grabbed a DA20, squashed the front nose and turned it into a tail dragger!

Kudos to you for bringing some of these lesser known aircraft into the sim!

Here is a short development status:

The aircraft is about ~90% ready. Flight tests had already begun, bringing the flying characteristics of this high performance plane/glider to the maximum level. Switching off the engine and see these propeller blades feathering...while the wind is blowing...cool...!

Initial release version (U-15 model) will include the 'Deluxe Standard Panel'. Just finished to model and 'install' the Becker 4201 COMM Transceiver. I will post screenshots during next week.

*GPS system may vary...

Looks like a lot of fun!  Thanks for keeping us posted!

Still loving the EuroFox. :biggrin:

On 3/11/2017 at 1:10 AM, be77solo said:

Looks like a lot of fun!  Thanks for keeping us posted!

Still loving the EuroFox. :biggrin:

Thanks...lol :)

DEVELOPMENT NEWS (17th March 2017)

Link to the project's page:http://www.vskylabs.com/2017/02/vskylabs-phoenix-air-phoenix-lsa.html

• 3D modeling is about ~95% done (internal and external). Now, it's time to increase the detail level of the interior and exterior models. 
  • Flight dynamics tests (handling and performance) and tuning, to get the most out of X-Plane, in terms of flying characteristics of the Phoenix U-15 LSA.
  • Color schemes tests...I don't want it to be either 'boring' or 'too much paint'...
  • Here are a few screenshots, taken a few hours ago:

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+014a.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+011a.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+012.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+015a.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+013.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+010a.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+009a.jpg

HI Jetman,

The Phoenix looks like another interesting addition to your line of aircraft.

A nice Saint Patrick's Day presentation and something to look forward to.

Jim Morgan

Pls put the pilot of the Fox into it and release it :happy:

33 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Pls put the pilot of the Fox into it and release it :happy:

That was a good one ! LOL :)

Actually, I'm working on a new pilot model for the Phoenix. This time it is a male. Maybe I'll put them both in...

Ok...

We can start to get used to the new guy...my newest, brand new, animated virtual pilot. Built to bare the most violent ground impacts, and to be a great companion in cross-country flights of the Phoenix ;)

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+pilot.png

OK, here's a few screenshots with the brand new VSKYLABS modeled pilot.

This aircraft (the real one) is really something...It is a fascinating 'hybrid' aircraft (powered / glider), and professional aviators can 'extract' from it so much performance. Flight testing and flight dynamics model tuning is very exciting, since there are lots of variables to master: powered flight, the art of gliding, speed brakes performance and operations, flaps performance and operations, motor and propeller performance and operations, practical operational radius (range) testings...and the list goes on...I can't wait to complete posting these screenshots and get back to the final phase of flight testings (few more days to go!) ;)  

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+021.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+019.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+020.jpg

• Upvote 1

I had hoped for the Stig ;) I hope the guy doesn´t eat FPS. The plane looks fantastic.

Sitting with racing helmet inside a touring motor glider might be interesting... ;)

The guy is on a relatively low-poly diet...no FPS digestion by the pilot...

Great! So please release it soon ;)