Sign in to follow this  
JetManHuss

The VSKYLABS Phoenix Air Phoenix Project

wow you are really talented. It looks real. It looks ready :)

3 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

wow you are really talented. It looks real. It looks ready :)

Hi!

Almost ready...;)

Having the model available with the best performance for both X-Plane 10.51 and X-Plane 11 makes the 'final approach' a bit longer...

A quick update:

Initial release version is 99.90% ready. Release is expected to be very soon (probably within a week).

Here are a few updated screenshots:

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+027.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+025.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+intro+026.jpg

I`m drooling:happy: looking forward to the release. Does it have an basic autopilot?

On 3/22/2017 at 5:49 PM, jt8d9a said:

I`m drooling:happy: looking forward to the release. Does it have an basic autopilot?

Hi! Thanks!

I'm afraid not...Trying to keep it authentic.

But...in one of the first updates I may implement a 'Pilot Assist' feature that will ease up the workload in cross-country flights (it will act as a course holder, although not be 'an autopilot').

Sounds good to me. Many thanks! I hope you will release it today, because tomorrow i will go on vacation and i will be away for a week.

Looking forward to this. I love your Trike and Fox and this looks like another great ac for those of us who like the pace a bit slooower.

I really want to get into gliding and this looks to be just the kit to do it in.

7 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Sounds good to me. Many thanks! I hope you will release it today, because tomorrow i will go on vacation and i will be away for a week.

Hi :)

Oh...sorry mate, if everything goes right, I aim for Tuesday, although if everything goes perfect, it may be even earlier...

38 minutes ago, Novation said:

Looking forward to this. I love your Trike and Fox and this looks like another great ac for those of us who like the pace a bit slooower.

I really want to get into gliding and this looks to be just the kit to do it in.

Hi! :)

Thanks!

Most of my focus in my projects is flight dynamics (although I've decided to spool-up my 3D modeling and engineering skills lately). For this reason, this project was/is really fascinating for me as I've got the the opportunity to get deep with both the powered LSA and the glider flight model aspects of the Phoenix, at the same time.  

(by the way, I'm already working on the next trikes package update! probably will be released during April).

Thanks again :)

24 minutes ago, JetManHuss said:

Hi! :)

Thanks!

Most of my focus in my projects is flight dynamics (although I've decided to spool-up my 3D modeling and engineering skills lately). For this reason, this project was/is really fascinating for me as I've got the the opportunity to get deep with both the powered LSA and the glider flight model aspects of the Phoenix, at the same time.  

(by the way, I'm already working on the next trikes package update! probably will be released during April).

Thanks again :)

Really, its my pleasure :) ..... I think your 3D modeling is already top-notch, but any improvement is always welcome of course. I've never flown a Trike, FOX or Glider (only a C172) but getting into the core of any given aircraft and making it a close to the real thing in XP is an amazing task.

I can't wait for the release of this (I'll be there day one) and the update of the Trike/Hang package, which is often my go-to AC in XP11.

Keep up the great work sir.

10 hours ago, JetManHuss said:

Hi :)

Oh...sorry mate, if everything goes right, I aim for Tuesday, although if everything goes perfect, it may be even earlier...

OK, so i have something to look forward when i return.

Hi all :)

Initial version was just released (v001).

As usual, my planes are under constant development, and this is the 'Initial release' version of the plane. Package updates and upgrades are to be expected in the short and long terms. Besides improvements to the flight dynamics model, 3d model and systems, future updates for this package are planned to include also additional versions of the Phoenix LSA: The short-winged version, and the D-14 electric powered version.

Project's page link: http://www.vskylabs.com/2017/02/vskylabs-phoenix-air-phoenix-lsa.html

I hope that you will like it!

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+u15+012.jpgvskylabs+phoenix+lsa+u15+007.jpgvskylabs+phoenix+lsa+u15+003.jpgvskylabs+phoenix+lsa+u15+011.jpgvskylabs+phoenix+lsa+u15+013.jpgvskylabs+phoenix+lsa+u15+001.jpg

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JetManHuss said:

I hope that you will like it!

I have just bought it. I like it very much, but I am losing about 33% in terms of frame rate performance over the FOX and Trike, as well as defaults like the C172. This means I'm dipping into the teens over the other ac's I fly.

I have just had a very enjoyable flight seeking out thermals and enjoying the serenity of unpowered flight, but I do hope you are able to optimize the performance in a future update.

This is in XP11 pb17.