Sign in to follow this  
jimfr78

P3D V4

Hello, a lot of sites are announcing P3D v4 for very soon and it should be in 64 bits, what about CP ? did you plan something in 64 bits ?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, jimfr78 said:

Hello, a lot of sites are announcing P3D v4 for very soon and it should be in 64 bits, what about CP ? did you plan something in 64 bits ?

Thanks

A little piece of advice:  If you don't see or hear it directly from Lockheed Martin, take everything else with a grain of salt.  :biggrin:

As for the subject at hand, I am sure that if they have any inside knowledge (which I doubt they would confirm), they would be working to get their code updated and validated for the release of any new version of P3D.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

we are in the dark side... a lot of supposition, what will happen with a 64 bits P3D, how the developper  will manage to stay compatible .....

We don't have v4 right now but we already know ChasePlane will need some work to be made compatible with x64

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

(Everyone probably knows about this, so please excuse if this news is old...)

Well, it is official.  I visited the PrePar3D.com site yesterday (May 23, 2017).  PrePar3D is releasing Version 4 (64-bit) on May the 30th.

Hopefully, Chase Plane will be compatible within the same week.  PMDG has announced that their products will be free to those who have purchased v3 (yay!)

Regards,

Roy

Apart some of the advanced features like Static Cameras and Smooth Zoom, ChasePlane works out of the box with P3Dv4

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Indeed!  Purchased & Downloaded P3DV4 and Chase Plane works great.  Unfortunately, I have to fly a non-PMDG plane for another week or two until the 737/777's are released.

I maxed the settings on just about everything - and no slow downs!  I can finally put this 4.2 - 7700k, 32G Ram, 980-ti(SLI) to work on the 64-bit.

Chase Plane takes the 'cockpit shakes' to a higher level of realism.  Again, everything is very smooth at max levels.  I could not do this with P3Dv3.

Roy

• Upvote 1