Sign in to follow this  
jaybird2159

Incomplete Model in Spot View

Yesterday I did a flight with the pc12 ( not new version 2) and in the spot view the model of the aircraft was incomplete.  Parts of the fuselage where missing and I could even see the pilots feet on the rudder pedals.   Never had this issue before and haven't tweaked anything. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

Any chance of a screenshot of what you're seeing? Just hit my spot view keyboard shortcut and it looked normal.

But I am running v2

Running Ezdok or some camera utility by chance?

Hi Jason,

I think that's part of a security measure - I reloaded my OS once without blowing away my P3D directory - so the registry entries for my Carernado aircraft were missing - all of them exhibited that same behavior until I reinstalled them via the official installer... Reinstall from the official Carenado installer - I think that should fix it...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Running Chase Plane? There was a recent version of it that caused the exact issue you were reporting and a newer version fixes it.

On 3/7/2017 at 6:29 PM, Slayer said:

Running Ezdok or some camera utility by chance?

No.  No program like that

6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jason,

I think that's part of a security measure - I reloaded my OS once without blowing away my P3D directory - so the registry entries for my Carernado aircraft were missing - all of them exhibited that same behavior until I reinstalled them via the official installer... Reinstall from the official Carenado installer - I think that should fix it...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks.  I have a look at it.  Life has kept me busy the last few days so I haven't been able to troubleshoot 

Started up FSX today and loaded the saved flight I was having issues with and all is well. Must have been an FSX gremlin. Thanks for all the help. 

It was most likely your shader cache which can become corrupt and cause missing textures.  Safe to delete it, it's recreated.  PTA makes this easy with a menu item if you're using it.