Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Missing textures on arrival.

When flying one of my PMDG jets, at addon as well as default airports I have a problem with some times missing runway textures, and or skeleton or missing buildings. At the departure airport all seems well, but at the destination this problem occurs. With A2A aircraft no problem. JUST ngx, t7 and 747V3. Must be a VAS ISSUE?  It,s like the entire airport doesn't load. ON Steam, Opus camera, ASN, Orbyx Globel, NA Land class and Vector. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Vic G.

Vic green

Sounds like FSX is running out of memory; at least I had a similar problem some time ago. Was descending into my destination airport when FSX opened its "Your computer has run out of available memory" popup. I simply ignored it and any subsequent iterations of the message and then proceeded to land. The terrain textures did not load beyond its lowest mip maps (producing a blurred mess) and any ground features like roads, runways and taxiways did not load as well. Oddly enough, scenery objects, AI and road traffic displayed just fine. I landed between the taxiway signs (where the runway should be), parked the aircraft, saved the flight and closed FSX. It loaded the saved flight just fine and I could properly taxi and park the plane.

Check any guides you can find that are dealing with reducing VAS usage. SInce textures are the number one VAS killer, especially on aircraft models, you will have to look at ways of compressing or resizing textures if you don't want to outright disable some add-ons.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days