Sign in to follow this  
Guest Glenn Davy

Livery/Engine Options Q

Guest Glenn Davy

I'm doing a repaint of the 747-400ER. In that folder the only config is for the GE engines. I think this model also used PW engines IRL, but I'm not certain of that. Is this the case, or (at least with this release) the only engine modeled is the GE. That's fine if that's the case, I'm just trying to get handle on exactly what I can and can't do. For example, I would have to copy in the Sound and Model folders for the PW, but when it comes to the air file, there isn't one for the PW in terms of the ER model (there is for the straight 400 but not the ER). Is my assumption then correct that the engines to use for the ER version are the GE's?

Many thanks for the help.

Glenn Davy

Guest BeaverDriver

OK, I really explained that badly in my question above. Here's the deal. I'm wanting to repaint the 747-400ER (pax version). In the paint kit I see folders with all the different engines (PW, RR, etc.). However, in the 747-400ER folder itself there is only one engine configuration - that of the GE (model.GE, sound.GE, etc.). I'm presuming I could copy in the model and sounds from the 747-400 folder which has all the variants, but the only air file is also from the 747-400, which I would assume is not usable with the ER version. So, am I correct in assuming that the only engine variant for the 747-400ER are the GE's? As I said, no problem if that's the case, I am just trying to get it right, as it were. I happen to be a fan of the PW's, but I'm definitely not obsessed with them :) .

Many thanks for the help.

Glenn Davy

Looks like only six Boeing 747-400ERs exist, all of which were ordered by Qantas, who uses General Electric engines. Looking it up, it appears it was possible to order them with the PW4062, but nobody ordered them.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Guest BeaverDriver

Ahh, that explains it! OK, thanks for this Kevin. I'll reset mine to the straight 400. Appreciate the heads up on this.

Glenn Davy

The -400ERF is available with the PW motors, the -400ER had then as an option but no one took it up. The RR engines were never offered on the -400ER or ERF.