Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Happy 15th year on AVSIM RR!

Hey Robert,

Not sure if you noticed, but you, me and a few others here who've been here since the beginning are passing the 15 year mark today!

In those 15 years I've enjoyed a variety of your products, painted a ton of them (well many tons if you calculate it on the GW of each plane I've painted, hehe), and when not painting them, was completely absorbed by them as a much as a sim pilot can be.

Here is what feel is your crowning achievement thus far....the gorgeous Queen!

(Clicking on the pic opens it at 4k resolution)

k3gtGC.jpg

Thanks to you and PMDG for giving me 15 years of enjoyment with your products!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Happy 15th folks, tomorrow for me :)  where has that time gone? Many a flight taken in that time with beautiful aircraft that continue to get better with every release!

Alaister Kay

How time "flies" as they say... :cool:

Congrats Robert and other 15ers

Congrats, all.

JimE

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Thanks guys!

Yeah not sure where the 15 years went, but I'm glad I had PMDG birds to fly during that time!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve,

Interesting!

I think that 15 year is just in THIS iteration of the forum.  We were here in 1999 with the release of our first product for FLY!...  I have a vague recollection of AVSim starting a new forum system and having to obtain a new login...

But that recollection is fuzzy... in part because some of us are getting so dang old.  (I'm looking at YOU steve!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Steve,

Interesting!

I think that 15 year is just in THIS iteration of the forum.  We were here in 1999 with the release of our first product for FLY!...  I have a vague recollection of AVSim starting a new forum system and having to obtain a new login...

But that recollection is fuzzy... in part because some of us are getting so dang old.  (I'm looking at YOU steve!)

I remember purchasing those products for Fly! The 757/767 and the 777, they were so advanced for that era. I've purchased every PMDG product ever since (I use P3D and X-plane). 

PMDG never ceases to amaze me

Matt Rich

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

8 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Steve,

Interesting!

Hey Robert,

I wasn't going to get into that detail since most of the youngin's here wouldn't know what I was talking about. :laugh:  I too have been here longer than the 15 and when Avsim started over on March 6th, 2002 (I think Tom was the only one who had his date on the 6th), remembering Bruce Artwick's NWA 747 and getting my start into virtual commercial aviation with a yellow 767 with octagonal (yes, 8 sides representing the circular shape of a CF-6) and flat, black engine intakes, hehe.  

I concur with the fuzziness, but I do remember buying a math co-processor chip for a few hundred bucks for my 386DX as I heard on a Compuserve flightsim bulletin board that it may have made SubLogic ATP run a little faster.:blink:

Here is a good topic I found here on AVSIM when I was researching that app that got me started into flightsimming heavies. 

Click here to go back in time.

Reading it I had no idea we have some here that were involved in it way back when!

Let's dig up this thread 15 years from now and see where we are....I know we'll be reading it with our VR headsets that will look quite sleek vs the clunky ones we have today and we'll get into the nostalgic conversation along the lines of "Remember when Oculus and HTC made us put those huge, goofy-looking things on our heads and gave us little joystick thingies to manipulate our VR world and they had to trick the PC to get frames over 60...and not even 4k back then? OMG it must have looked like Sublogic's ATP through those tiny screens they put in front of your eyes! AND they did it in 32bit!  I don't think I can sim on the old 64bit anymore, much less 32bit....it musta' been agonizing!  I'm glad we dont have to sim in those conditions anymore!  And when I search for topics back then, many hits kept referring to a term.... OOM?" LOL

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I was a member, I think, way back then somewhere.  Lost that old userId...this one is actually my third.  Things are a lot more interesting these days than they were back then...change is almost constant, new products, improvements, discoveries. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM