Sign in to follow this  
markcellis

What to do after landing

I'm a bit confused as to what to do right after landing and exiting the runway. I was under the impression I should be told to contact ground but that is not happening. I tried to report to the tower that I have cleared the runway but ATC does not seem to recognize that report nor do I see that in the potential list of reports.

http://www.pilotworkshop.com/tips/atc_contacting_ground.htm

I seem to be able to ask the tower to Taxi to X and I think then it told me to contact ground.

Can you fill me in on exactly what should be happening right after landing and exiting the runway?

Mark

After exiting the runway you report to tower something like "clear of active callsign" (don't remember the exact phrase). But I have very little succes with tower understanding  this phrase, I have to repeat it several time or use sayit. Then tower will tell you to contact ground, then request ground taxi instructions to your gate.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

That is what I was trying to do but like you it does not seem to understand it. The other issue is I don't see this phase in the speech assistant as a potential report.

Dave, I'm happy to report this as a bug / enhancement once you weigh in on this discussion.

Matk

Try putting your call sign first.

"Honda One VIctor Bravo is clear of active"  should do it.

The phrase is in SayIt Tower->Report->PatternLocation about the 8th phrase down from the top.

Dave

Dave,

I tried this today but after a great flight from KRIC to KBOS after I landed and got off the runway I tried the tower report but as soon as I did it I got an exception thrown. Unfortunately I didn't save the exception data because I thought it would be in a log file someplace that I can't seem to locate in the Pilot2ATC directory. I'll try to reproduce it.

Mark

tried this again today and it worked fine. You just need to use the exact phrase recommended.