Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Direct-to not working ?

I can't seem to choose a waypoiint in the flightplan. I can only choose the destination arprt.If I keep trying to highlight a waypoint the software crashes.This happened already many beta versions ago.

Here are the steps to select a waypoint in the flight plan

1. Click on DirectTo button.
  2. Select FPln in the top right of the dialog
  3. Select the Waypoint from the drop-down in the top left
  4. Confirm it's what you want by looking at the map
  5. Press the Load button at the bottom

What is the flight plan you're on, where is the aircraft, and which waypoint do you want to select? 

There is logic that prevents some DirectTo selections.  However, it shouldn't crash.

here's the flightplan lfbt-tou-finot-lanet-lfmp.  when I was close to tou I wanted a short cut to to lanet.(basically skipping finot) and it would not let me.

I tried this : lfmp FJR UY25 SALIN UY341 MTG UY373 ABLAK/N0470F390 P85 NASIK UP856 RAPED/N0470F380 UM985 EKSID M985 GEN LIML and it worked good.

Looks like when the fp is too  short direct-to does not work.

I tried the LFBT-TOU-FINOT-LANET-LFMP route at FL 230.  I called for clearance direct to LANET just before LOU which was also right before the TOD.  I was given clearance and the DirectTo button worked without a hitch.

In cases like this, if the change to the new flight plan would not allow enough distance for the descent, it might not get approved.

On the longer flight plan, there is less likelihood of a problem that would prevent the approval.  In either case, you should be able to change the flight plan, you just would not get the clearance.

Dave

Ok I did not mean to say that i did not get clearance from atc to fly direct (to). I  meant to say that when I hit the direct to button and I try to pick a waypoint to fly direct to the software would not let  me.

I would hit the direct-to button.I would get a popup menu,I 'd click fpln, i then would click on the drop-down menu and try to pick a waypoint different than the dep airport.Once I clicked on my waypoint of choice the software  would freeze or hang for a few second and then  go  back and highlight the airport again.

As  matter of fact if I use the same flightplan it still happens also with the newest beta.(2.2.0.9).

I emailed you the vbf.

It works for me.

Email me with exactly what you're doing and what results you're getting and I'll try and replicate the issue.

Dave