Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Flight Planning / Maps, Routes Weather

Currently I use Navigraph for my charts on my iPad when I am flying.  Is there something that would allow me to enter my flight plan and show it on an interactive map with weather?  Or is Navigraph able to do this?  I'd prefer to use my iPad but if there is something I can use on a PC that works too.  I've seen it on YouTube but can't figure out what application it is.  I can pull up charts, and maps on Navigraph, but not full flight route with my flightplan.  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Active Sky Next will display your flight plan with live tracking and weather overlays. It can be installed on a second PC if you want.

ProATC-X does flight tracking with other aircraft but I don't think it does weather overlays.

Cheers!

David Haynes

I've used most every type of flight planning/display software there is, and I settled with Aviasoft EFB.  Just too hard to beat it. 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I use PFPX to plan and export, load into Aivlasoft - the best, safest and easiest way, for me. Weather is also displayed, along with AS16. You better have more than one monitor if you want tools, however.

As mentioned above, I find Aivlasoft EFB the most robust little piece of kit that gives me everything I need. Very feature rich and easy to use. Won't fly without it.

Foreflight is the real deal, but for a price and only makes sense if you are also a real world pilot.

https://www.foreflight.com/products/foreflight-mobile/

Flight1 offers a free plug-in for P3D that connects with Foreflight. Really cool!

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/SimulationUtilities/ForeFlightPlug-in.aspx

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

You can do it with active sky, although on activesky next there was a bug a while back if you left it on map view for a long period of time it caused p3d to ctd

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've used most every type of flight planning/display software there is, and I settled with Aviasoft EFB.  Just too hard to beat it. 

Is the stutter problem over?

If not, i'd suggest efass ng

-Roland

7 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Skyvector is a free website which allows flight planning and your choice of charts and overlays including weather NOTAMs, etc.

https://skyvector.com/

Always wondered if I am doing something wrong... because of charts and info, fine, but for flight planning, I was very rarely been able to load a flightplan from there, Routes is almost always greyed out.

5 hours ago, sparkie66 said:

Is the stutter problem over?

If not, i'd suggest efass ng

I've never had any such issue, nor the others I know who use it.  I've run the EFB on three different desktop computers, all with different configurations, and I run it while using 4 monitors, streaming and monitoring the stream... so I'd think I'd have seen stuttering if it was prone to it.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

5 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've never had any such issue, nor the others I know who use it.  I've run the EFB on three different desktop computers, all with different configurations, and I run it while using 4 monitors, streaming and monitoring the stream... so I'd think I'd have seen stuttering if it was prone to it.

Best wishes.

Also with the ngx? There are some topics about stutters with that. 

Maybe there had been an interim update / fix. That would be nice. I really liked the app.

-Roland

Navigraph will be able to do this fairly soon. As per their dev blog, they do have plans to introduce moving maps as well as other features. A bit of information available here as well as direct replies by Navigraph in the comments section should be enough as an official source for information.

12 hours ago, Silicus said:

Foreflight is the real deal, but for a price and only makes sense if you are also a real world pilot.

https://www.foreflight.com/products/foreflight-mobile/

Flight1 offers a free plug-in for P3D that connects with Foreflight. Really cool!

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/SimulationUtilities/ForeFlightPlug-in.aspx

Just renewed my subscription.

I'm not a real world pilot :>)

Mark