Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

Updates for UT2

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 10:17 AM, tooting said:

Looks like this is the issue then, you need to have the summer 2016 update then,  As I did it for my mate James and his definitely works, but he definatley has the update

Even after installing the summer/fall 2016 update the "Error setting up flight operations. Failed to compare two elements in array" remains when opening the control panel. And the control panel still sometimes crashes when selecting specific databases (the UT2weekly_official.db works fine now).

I gave up finding a cure for that. But anyway it seems to do no harm to the UT2 function in the sim. I see a lot of new liveries, B787s and A380s. 

Thanks a lot for your contribution, Pete!

@Erik: As far as I understand it, the summer/fall 2016 update only gives you new schedules but no new liveries and no new aircraft like the B787 and A380.

HI

I have downloaded the ACpart2 file twice now and when I open the archive all of the aircraft folders show as 0 bytes in size. They just seem to contain empty texture folders. Is this correct?

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Yes I did download the 5 files separately. The downloaded ac.part02.rar shows as being 433,169 kb each time I have downloaded it and when I open the file most of the aircraft folders show up as being 0 kb and when extracted these folders contain the aircraft texture folders which are also empty.

The ....\simobjects\ ut2Aircraft\100 to \WoA_CV-580 all show as 0 kb

the remainingg files to the end of the archive, 96 files all show as various sizes.

Can someone, anyone, tell me where these files can be found? I've pm' d the op without response. Cheers. Chris

Hi Pete - Thank you for the updates. I have two questions before I replace the existing files:

Does anything need to be done with respect to Editvoicepack?  I am running the commercial version. 

I had previously replaced my AI aircraft sounds with HD audio sounds. Will the update overwrite or point to the old sound files again.

Thanks!

-Daniel

7 hours ago, wardp said:

Yes I did download the 5 files separately. The downloaded ac.part02.rar shows as being 433,169 kb each time I have downloaded it and when I open the file most of the aircraft folders show up as being 0 kb and when extracted these folders contain the aircraft texture folders which are also empty.

The ....\simobjects\ ut2Aircraft\100 to \WoA_CV-580 all show as 0 kb

the remainingg files to the end of the archive, 96 files all show as various sizes.

Part 1 and part 2 need to be in the same folder to start with. When you un-rar part 1 (I do so with 7-zip), it'll un-rar part 2 together with it and place the contents of both in the same folder.

Walter Meier

Wsmeier thanks for that but what I am asking is that when I have extracted the files most of the aircraft files in the ac.part02 archive are empty and do not contain any texture files etc.

Can you tell me the size of your ac.part02 file that you downloaded. Mine is 433,169 kb.

Thanks

4 hours ago, wardp said:

Wsmeier thanks for that but what I am asking is that when I have extracted the files most of the aircraft files in the ac.part02 archive are empty and do not contain any texture files etc.

Can you tell me the size of your ac.part02 file that you downloaded. Mine is 433,169 kb.

Thanks

I see what you're saying now. I'm away from my flightsim rig right now. I'll let you know the size tomorrow when I get back home.

Walter Meier

Does anybody else who has installed this package has the problem that P3D now chrashes when trying to load or save a flight via the menu?

According to this thread

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115544

this problem is probably caused by a corrupted AI aircraft.cfg file, And that sounds reasonable to me because that problem occurred after I installed this package - I never had it before.

So anybody else with this problem? Any idea which aircraft might be the problem?

Thanks

Ralf

Edit: Just checked with the UT2 Aircraft folder renamed to "UT2 Aircraft off". Problem is gone. Renamed it to "UT2 Aircraft" and P3D crashes again.

So (at least) one of these aircraft definitely must be the cause of this issue. But which one?

"So anybody else with this problem? Any idea which aircraft might be the problem?" - I had the same problem, and luckily stumbled on this aircraft with no [fltsim.xx] entry in the aircraft.cfg file. Removing it from the folder solved the problem for me: "Ai-An-148"

Hans Soule

5 hours ago, flibinite said:

"So anybody else with this problem? Any idea which aircraft might be the problem?" - I had the same problem, and luckily stumbled on this aircraft with no [fltsim.xx] entry in the aircraft.cfg file. Removing it from the folder solved the problem for me: "Ai-An-148"

That solved the problem for me also. Thanks so much for saving me a lot of time!

Hi Chaps.

Sorry been away with work.  Thanks for the heads up with the ai-an folder

14ppkc-6.png

Hi Pete -

I am running a previous version of your update. I have a question on the AI folder structure.

The previous version had a lot of WOAI aircraft under the MISC directory in the SIMOBJECTS/Airplanes/.

It looks like from this update, all of the aircraft are now under the UT2 Aircraft directory.  

Can you please confirm that we dont need the aircraft under the Misc directory?

thank you again for you great updates !!!

On 3/19/2017 at 9:01 PM, flibinite said:

Removing it from the folder solved the problem for me: "Ai-An-148"

May I ask, what exactly did you remove? The AI-AN-148 folder, the aircraft.cfg file?

thanks in advance.