Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

Updates for UT2

I'm not sure about the flipped dds textures now - the problem may be with FS Repaint which is quite old now. I've looked at the same textures in ModelConverterX and they appear ok with the switch to flip textures set off by default. In addition some of the texture folders have both bmp and dds present for the same texture and the bmp is being used in preference.

My comments about missing models and textures still stand though and I'll try to start fixing these. I've so far found cases where textures for the wrong variant are present (e.g. B737 textures in B727 texture folders) and where the wrong model is specified in the cfg file. The latter are easy to fix once found.

It will be the case that these problems are not showing up if the problem variants are not actually used in any schedules so what I'm doing might be unnecessary.

Also can someone confirm if they have ai traffic in Vancouver CYVR and also Eddf,  Frankfurt . 

I'm getting a bizarre situation that I'm not getting any in cyvr or eddf.  Thanks

14ppkc-6.png

Ive just PM'd you.  thanks.  Its bizzare it just these 2 airports.

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, tooting said:

Ive just PM'd you.  thanks.  Its bizzare it just these 2 airports.

Have you got any idea to what is wrong? none of what i know are corrupted. Sorry i know your busy, just wanted to get it fixed. If you could tell me what the smallest database file you have and which one it is, would be much appreciated. Again sorry for bugging you. 

Mehdi

On 3/14/2017 at 9:00 PM, RALF9636 said:

Even after installing the summer/fall 2016 update the "Error setting up flight operations. Failed to compare two elements in array" remains when opening the control panel. And the control panel still sometimes crashes when selecting specific databases (the UT2weekly_official.db works fine now).

I gave up finding a cure for that. But anyway it seems to do no harm to the UT2 function in the sim. I see a lot of new liveries, B787s and A380s. 

Thanks a lot for your contribution, Pete!

@Erik: As far as I understand it, the summer/fall 2016 update only gives you new schedules but no new liveries and no new aircraft like the B787 and A380.

Did you find a way to fix that error? Thanks

8 minutes ago, MehdiAli said:

Did you find a way to fix that error? Thanks

Negative.

I moved to UTLive meanwhile. Hopefully these updates will be available for UTLive also in the future.

52 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Negative.

I moved to UTLive meanwhile. Hopefully these updates will be available for UTLive also in the future.

Ah i see. are the liveries any better in UTlive?

1 minute ago, MehdiAli said:

Ah i see. are the liveries any better in UTlive?

Unfortunately not really. B788 and A388 are there but still some outdated liveries. I manually transferred some liveries of this package to UTLive. They say they are working on an update for the liveries.

11 hours ago, MehdiAli said:

Have you got any idea to what is wrong? none of what i know are corrupted. Sorry i know your busy, just wanted to get it fixed. If you could tell me what the smallest database file you have and which one it is, would be much appreciated. Again sorry for bugging you. 

Mehdi

Hello

I've sent you a pm.  We have Also deduced there is an issue with cyvr and eddf.   Ai aircraft not showing.  This has been verified by myself and 2 other people. I'm working on a fix (as the developer cant be bothered to monitor his support forum,  but spends his time promoting his (pay to beta test) ut live

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png