Sign in to follow this  
TheBoom

VAS issues caused by camera views?

Wow I missed that. I'm on the latest drivers actually. Guess I might have to revert and test then.

I don't have the FSL A320, still using AS A320 for that aircraft. 

Do you still have to disable every other add on airport when you are doing a specific flight between two?

Yes I always only have the two in use active its very important. Some say if there out of range it does not matter but its a 1 min job to select and de select airports so why risk it.

Think of this.

I fly a lot on this route EGLL to EHAM UK2000 and FT.

London is also by itself a big VAS hit.

So the only extra VAS am using is EGLL, If I had active Luton/Stansted/gatwick/ etc I would probably OOM before I left London. Like wise if I tied using Orbx full fat UK.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, TheBoom said:

Thanks for all the replies so far. TBH I've always had vas and oom issues in P3D. But it only used to be on approaches of long haul flights (6 hrs or more). But with P3D 3.4 it's a lot worse, PMDG 737 LOWW-LIRP (both addons) ooms. I even ditched Vector and am using UT now. 

I already have useglobalterrainview=true. 

SSD is a Samsung EVO 250 256GB. Pagefile are on my HDDs and are well above the recommended sizes. 

One thing I just noticed though is there might be scenery conflicts. I have cars and other vehicles driving on grass. 

Edit : Quick question for those of you who claim to have a lot of remaining VAS during flights. Do you regularly switch to outside views throughout the flight?

I use Cinematic mode in Chaseplane all the time. And re switching off Airports, unlike FSX you don't need to do that in P3D. Mine are on all the time and I have many.

EDIT

Tested the new NVidia drivers and they were better than the old ones 1.3 gig dropping to 1gig on landing at UUEE (diverted for fuel). Just left UUEE for Heathrow and VAS is stable at 1.3 gig again.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Deffo the pesky ndivia drivers again innit.  It's like an overweight person who does absolutely no exercise but plays and streams games all day blaming his medical issues and depression on the dominoes pizza he had the night before and people who don't understand him.

In short. Turn down the settings,  take sure the textures are not 4096, compress the textures of the addon airports,  don't use fsrealtime, make sure all the roads and lights are turned off and then that 150 dollar airbus or 120 dollar jumbo will work just fine.

Same hooker,  different dress.

The ndivia drivers will leak a little bit of vas,  but the real issue is the crapply coded simulator from 15 years ago.. Roll on 64 bit and credit cards again

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Have you tried the new drivers? 378.78 I believe... was released today.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The nVidia drivers seem to be the latest lightning rod getting the blame for memory leaks, but I have been using 378.72 and watching VAS closely with a remote monitoring program, and it's rock stable over time at cruise.  Of course it drops when approaching an airport or busy AI area, but that's not a VAS leak, that's a high memory demand area--and that can also drive an OOM if your system settings are too VAS-hungry.

I'm wondering if the nVidia driver leak is also GPU and/or OS dependent...FWIW I am using a pair of GTX 980Ti boards on Win 10 1607 (Anniversary Edition) with P3D 3.4.22

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Judging by the mixed replies I'm getting the impression that it may not be the drivers after all?

Maybe I should try disabling UT and go back to Vector and see if that helps first.

I still think it has something to do with the funky Ezdok that I have. The world cam issue maybe. Cause every time I want to go to the exterior view i need to press the next button twice. The first time I'm assuming its going to the world cam even though the view doesn't actually change. But I don't wanna drop 39 USD on chaseplane before I have this VAS issue fixed preferably.

Have a read though different posts and make your own mind up, better still do a test flight with same weather-route etc etc and see if you find a difference.

Not tried the new driver that came out today will wait and see. But I did do my own test on Sunday after reading this post and getting a new 1070.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

The nVidia drivers seem to be the latest lightning rod getting the blame for memory leaks, but I have been using 378.72 and watching VAS closely with a remote monitoring program, and it's rock stable over time at cruise.  Of course it drops when approaching an airport or busy AI area, but that's not a VAS leak, that's a high memory demand area--and that can also drive an OOM if your system settings are too VAS-hungry.

I'm wondering if the nVidia driver leak is also GPU and/or OS dependent...FWIW I am using a pair of GTX 980Ti boards on Win 10 1607 (Anniversary Edition) with P3D 3.4.22

Regards

Are you using SLI ? I am stil with 3.4.9 and 373.06 . Best driver out here i think for SLI (small stutter once a while but the best)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

My take from reading this forum is that the VAS leak with the 378.xx drivers is confined to the GTX 10xx series.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

My take from reading this forum is that the VAS leak with the 378.xx drivers is confined to the GTX 10xx series.

That might be it. I'm using a 1070 GTX.

It's a guess. It just seems like to me only people with that series of cards reports the VAS leak.

8 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Are you using SLI ? I am stil with 3.4.9 and 373.06 . Best driver out here i think for SLI (small stutter once a while but the best)

Yes...two 6GB 980Ti cards in SLI.  I got pushed against my will into upgrading from P3D 3.3.5 and 368.86 (I think) when Win 10 decided to upgrade my video driver, and subsequent attempts to roll back the driver resulted in all the SLI options in nVidia control panel disappearing.

The good news is that 3.4.22 and 378.72 are working without issues.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Like someone else already suggested, if you have a chance to download version 3.3 or 3.2 of the P3D client that's the first thing I would try.

I downgraded from 3.4 -> 3.2 months ago and haven't had one single OOM using the exact same add-ons and settings that would give me constant OOMs when I was using version 3.4.

Richard Åsberg

14 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Like someone else already suggested, if you have a chance to download version 3.3 or 3.2 of the P3D client that's the first thing I would try.

I downgraded from 3.4 -> 3.2 months ago and haven't had one single OOM using the exact same add-ons and settings that would give me constant OOMs when I was using version 3.4.

I am thinking of that too but I feel like I may have to roll back quite a few addons for them to work properly? Cause some of them have been updated to work with P3D 3.4.