Sign in to follow this  
Wyster

GTN 750 Trainer installation issue

In x-plane, under the plugins menu is the section for the GTN 750.  You have to check 'master device' for the GPS unit to drive the autopilot.  No, you don't need to have any of the trainers running in the background.

Evan Purcell

In addition, you have to enable the link to the autopilot in the settings panel. You might want to also enable the link to the HSI!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Having the exact same issue.. Tried everything proposed here including uninstalling and reinstalling and still doesn't work. Anyone figured out the problem or got this solved?

My thought is that the installation isn't processing correctly to always give that error. Even tried to run the installer as admin and change the install location but no luck yet... 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, jico_222 said:

Even tried to run the installer as admin

This is not recommended as it might install/create registry keys and files not accessible from the trainer afterward.

However, can you confirm your have indeed enabled autopilot and HSI links in the settings panel?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

10 hours ago, jico_222 said:

Having the exact same issue.. Tried everything proposed here including uninstalling and reinstalling and still doesn't work. Anyone figured out the problem or got this solved?

My thought is that the installation isn't processing correctly to always give that error. Even tried to run the installer as admin and change the install location but no luck yet... 

Thanks!

Yeah, tried to install it a couple of times. Each time it would fail to install the Trainer files which resulted in the GNT not working in X-Plane.

What I did: when it starts the install of the trainer files there is a "copy xxx to zzz" copy message. I click on that "zzz" link (which is the temp folder for the trainer files) and after it fails and before I click on "ok" I copy this "zzz" folder to another place on my HD. When you click on ok after the failure message the "zzz" folder in the temp folder gets deleted so there is nothing left, therefore copy the files before you continue the installation.

In that copied folder run the autorun.exe ... voila, now its working (at least for me). Hope this helps.

i7-4790K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080, Win10

I just purchased the program and I am getting the same error that Wyster received. How did you fix it and get the GTN 750 to turn on - I just have a black screen on the 750 and I tried re-installing it also.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Ignore above - I figured it out - I was missing the trainer. I thought that had loaded with the initial program. Lot to learn.

• Upvote 1

I just purchased the 750 for XP11. I had last year purchased the 750 for P3D. Everything loaded and installed properly until it just stuck on the installer where I thought it was installing the trainer stating,"Please wait while setup installs RealityXP Garmin GTN 750/650 (X-Plane) on your computer". I've left it for about 1/2 hour lol. Anyone run into this?

Update. I cancelled then initiated the setup again. Loaded and installed the 750 in XP11 (it's there and can be opened in XP11) but the installer indicated it couldn't install the trainer for some reason - missing file. So I went into the common folder where the trainer zip file is and as I was installing it advised me I had an existing version of the trainer which was in conflict. I deinstalled that and installed the new trainer and all is good. But, and I haven't tried it yet will this effect the P3D version of the 750?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb