Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

X-Plane 11 b14 is out

Thanks OP :)

The new clouds look much better, and will compliment my xE environment very well, when I'm not using it. Sometimes default works well enough, with no interjection from any add-ons. Such as, when the weather does not match what I want to be able to fly; fog, very high winds, very low cloud and the list could go on.

PB14.......... onwards and upwards :dry:

So the clouds are better, but still a million miles away from xEnviro. I'll use them sometimes for sure, but (much) more work needs to be done.

Banding still there :(

15 minutes ago, jh71 said:

Did they improve on the water reflections too, or is my mind playing a trick ? 

It looks less jumpy to me.

What do you want to bet that they are starting to optimize the textures, like they have needed to for the past 13 betas? lol

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Just now, Novation said:

So the clouds are better, but still a million miles away from xEnviro. I'll use them sometimes for sure, but (much) more work needs to be done.

Banding still there :(

If banding is an issue for you, just use the "kill dome" dataref. :biggrin:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Looks good but has turned my X-plane 11 into a slide show!

Unusable. Hope these guys are going to fix it ASAP!

Clouds were and still are (even though they look nice) a video resource hog.  SkyMaxxPro keeps the framerates up.  Also, the weather depicted with the default is not real (at least in my locality, and SkyMaxxPro is.

John

John Wingold

Hope they can do better optimizing the FPS, looks like long way to go there, at least for me.

12 minutes ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

Clouds were and still are (even though they look nice) a video resource hog.  SkyMaxxPro keeps the framerates up.  Also, the weather depicted with the default is not real (at least in my locality, and SkyMaxxPro is.

Yep, I temporarily removed the SkyMaxx Pro v4 folder, and these new default clouds in pb14 are hitting the frame rate a bit harder than SkyMaxx.

Nothing drastic, maybe a 10% reduction, but it's noticeable. Historically at least, SkyMaxx has always been a little lighter on frame rates than whatever default X-Plane is doing with clouds, and it looks like this continues the trend... unless there is further optimization planned before XP11 goes final.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Clouds are greatly improved. In broken clouds, coupled approach my FPS were up. Bounciness of stiff gear has been reduced. Maybe we're heading to the release candidate.

I am also using the 378.78 NVIDIA driver (latest).

Jim Morgan

2 hours ago, Novation said:

Thanks OP :)

The new clouds look much better, and will compliment my xE environment very well, when I'm not using it. Sometimes default works well enough, with no interjection from any add-ons. Such as, when the weather does not match what I want to be able to fly; fog, very high winds, very low cloud and the list could go on.

PB14.......... onwards and upwards :dry:

How do you switch between xEnviro and default clouds?

I reduced cloud textures resolution and converted them to .dds. They could improve performance in some cases. Remember to delete the original .png cloud textures if you use these:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5fyJwRhjar5NVhmcXpfRUVpN28

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

When X-Plane 11 was originally released I encountered horrible stuttering until I turned off the Threaded Optimization option on my video card, now after this new update the stuttering is back and I am not sure what needs to be changed? I tinkered around with my video card settings but to no avail I can't good the performance I was getting before this last update. In between the stuttering it runs fine. Ideas? Ran fine yesterday.

had the stuttering in pb12 as well but didnt in pb9... i too have tinkered with settings to no avail. higher FPS but the stutters are pretty bad for me right now.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080