Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Now you can fly any user aircraft in FSX with live traffic!

My program PSXseeconTraffic version 5.15 is available as public beta.

PSXseeconTraffic is free if not used commercially. You only need a license for the windows version (3Mb) of this  RealTraffic program, at relatively low costs per year. 
For more information check my website.

Please study the PSXseeconTraffic Manual carefully, especially the pages on installation and configuration.

Enjoy!

Nico

• Upvote 1

Hey Nico,

I have some questions.  This program reads some kind of real-world live traffic database and recreates it in FSX, is this correct?  So if the database says there is a United 777 in your flying bubble and you have a United 777 in your AI aircraft, it will inject it into the sim?  Also, the claim of much better FPS that UT2 is suspicious.  UT2 also runs as an external service that injects AI.  FPS is mainly a factor of how much and what kind of AI is in your immediate area.  If using the same models as UT2, how can it be faster?

Thanks.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Hi Ilya,

I get the data of the real live traffic in my area streamed to me by the RealTraffic program. So yes if there is a United 777 in your area it will be injected in FSX. Every 9 seconds I receive a position update, so my program calculates the in between positions, and more or less slews your 777 livery smoothly through your FSX space, by sending new positions to FSX via Simconnect 40 times per second.

The statement that it is lighter on fps than UT2 is based on experience. Note that already hundreds of P3D simmers are using PSXseeconTraffic. I think it is because all calculations take place outside FSX, and there are no flightplans to execute.

Regards,

Nico

P.S. There is a very long thread on PSXseeconTraffic in the AVSIM P3D Forum.

2 hours ago, ieydis said:

If using the same models as UT2, how can it be faster?

UT2 injects hundreds of AI into the sim within your bubble of coverage. PSXseeconTraffic injects those within approx 35nm of your aircraft which is maybe 1/3 the distance and none of the parked aircraft awaiting their departure.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

and none of the parked aircraft awaiting their departure

But some of the videos clearly show airplanes taxing out to departure.  I'm confused but this sounds intriguing.  As for the claim that UT2 injects hundreds of AI, this is completely user controlled in the config.   

I'll do a bit more reading on the P3d thread Nico mentions.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

If you check this website:

https://www.adsbexchange.com/

which provides the ADS-B data free for noncommercial use, you will occasionally find a few aircraft that keep their ADS-B transmitter turned on even when on the ground. Most don't unfortunately.

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If you check this website:

https://www.adsbexchange.com/

which provides the ADS-B data free for noncommercial use, you will occasionally find a few aircraft that keep their ADS-B transmitter turned on even when on the ground. Most don't unfortunately.

That depends on airport policy. At EHAM for instance pilots must taxi with transponder on. I've also seen taxiing  aircraft at EDDF, EKCH, KSFO and Geneva Switzerland to name a few.

Hey kiek,

Will I need to uninstall Traffic360 or change it's configuration in any way after installing this? What do I set my AI traffic sliders to?

On 12-3-2017 at 5:36 PM, cleonpack93 said:

Hey kiek,

Will I need to uninstall Traffic360 or change it's configuration in any way after installing this? What do I set my AI traffic sliders to?

No need to uninstall right away, just don't start that program and put both  your Traffic sliders to 0.

Go flying.

If you are happy, copy the Traffic360 liveries, uninstall Traffic360 and put the liveries back.

Nico

On 3/13/2017 at 2:35 PM, kiek said:

No need to uninstall right away, just don't start that program and put both  your Traffic sliders to 0.

Go flying.

If you are happy, copy the Traffic360 liveries, uninstall Traffic360 and put the liveries back.

Nico

Awesome, thank you! So I downloaded and tried it for the first time today, and I love it so far! Here's the one glitch I'm getting so far: random liveries for United and American planes. Examples:

GZzHdJb.jpg

yAvY8Gf.jpg

ltrmE61.jpg

Do you know why this might be occurring and how to fix it? Other than that I'm happy with it so far!

On 14-3-2017 at 9:56 PM, cleonpack93 said:

Do you know why this might be occurring and how to fix it? Other than that I'm happy with it so far!

That's because you don't seem to have United and American liveries for these types. In the log file, at the end, you will see a summary of the liveries that you don't have installed in your Sim.

Nico