Sign in to follow this  
Novation

Feeling the Air

10 hours ago, HighBypass said:

By the way - any reason you had the airbrakes out? You seemed quite high up and it would be a shame to dump all that height, unless you really wanted to! :)

I said I was a noob, and that just proved the point :blush: I have no idea how they ended up being out mid flight.

I'm getting on much better now with the Phoenix from VSkylabs. I could stay up for hours if I wanted too, and that's with the engine switched off :laugh:

Any yes I'd love to go up in the real thing. There is a club not far from here, so maybe one day.

24 minutes ago, kiwi_biplane said:

Very good! Nice colour!

Thanks Kiwi :)

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, HighBypass said:

By the way - any reason you had the airbrakes out? You seemed quite high up and it would be a shame to dump all that height, unless you really wanted to! :)

He might have had the kind of sneaky instructor I had once; that guy liked nothing better than to sneakily pop the airbrakes open when I was in the circuit on the downwind leg, just to make sure I was paying attention to everything when I'd look with dismay at the altimeter unwinding and think '#####, why am I losing so much height?!!'. I caught on to his propensity for that and added opening the DV panel to my pre-landing 'mental checklist' so I'd hear them unlatch and change the airflow noise if he pulled that one on me lol. Sneaky b****** he was, but it was good to learn from an instructor who cared very much about making conscientuous pilots and I do appreciate him having done that to me because I admit that I was inclined to be a bit of a cocky b****** when I was first learning to fly because I kind of took to it fairly naturally. It's good to be pulled up for having that attitude once in a while.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

He might have had the kind of sneaky instructor I had once

Oh yeah, that was it, cough-cough :biggrin:

• Upvote 1