Sign in to follow this  
Guest dpc

TrackerIR4 Pro or not? That's the question..

Hi Eric,I have found that anything that generates a heat signature - lamp, sunlight, or sunlight being reflected off of furniture, etc. will cause TrackIR to behave in a peculiar manner. The best thing will be to try and point the device in a direction where such things will not influence performance. For instance, if your display is in a hangar, you will want to point your device opposite the hangar door. If the hangar is lit from above, by lighting and skylights, I don't think you'll encounter a problem.Best,Owen

You don't have to pay by credit card over the net. I did a bank transfer and it arrived within days.John.

Guest squale

another program I haven't seen mentioned is 'Cam2Pan' which is basically the same thing as TrackIR but it uses your regular webcam instead. Has anybody used this? how do you think it compares to TrackIR?

Guest squale

I have tried it and found it to work pretty decently, why would you say not even close?

HelloI have tried both and believe me TrackIR is very much betterIt tracks faster,does not lose its tracking center,can zoom in and out plus roll.Yes it is expensive but is the best headtracker available.Dont you think that if Cam2Pan was even close all the TrackIR users would have saved themselves a load of money and used Cam2Pan instead.

>> If you have a chair that does not move around a lot then it>is pretty neat but if you move your head too far in one>direction the view can get messed up. Overall though it is>worth the 100+ dollars imo.>>>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]>AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN>3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN>MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|Easy fix is to either hit the F12 re-center view key or map it to a button. My chair moves too...hehehe

Guest squale

what is the cheapest you can get TrackIR 4 Pro for?

>what is the cheapest you can get TrackIR 4 Pro for?I got mine for 30 dollars off at gogamer.com when I entered the simhq30 code in the coupon box at the point of sale. And with the money I saved I added an extra 4 bucks for next day shipping. I ordered it at 12pm on thursday and got it before 3pm on friday for only 9.99 shipping cost. I'm really glad I got it, makes taxing and VFR flying a lot easier. In IL2-FB-PF, dogfighting is just not the same...it is a whole lot EASIER tracking the bandit at 90 degrees looking up through the top of my canopy and occasually looking at my gauges, and checking my six :-)

Guest squale

are you kidding me, $30 for the TrackIR Pro 4? common now, it's regularly $180, I tried that coupon code and it does NOTHING..

>are you kidding me, $30 for the TrackIR Pro 4? common now,>it's regularly $180, I tried that coupon code and it does>NOTHING..>It probably had an expiration date on it; I bought mine on 12-14-2005 and it was valid. Try and see if there is a TrackIR 4 banner on SimHQ's site and click on it and see if there is a new code. If not then it may be over. Either way I was going to buy it anyway full price... heard about the coupon on this forum so figured might as well save a few dollars.

Guest squale

sorry I misread that, so you got it for $150, and how much was shipping? how long did it take to receive it once you placed the order?did it come with the TrackIR hat? or can you use ANY baseball hat you own? I am just concerned that the brims on my existing hats are TOO tightly curved for the vector clip..

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>I must be one of the few that doesn't really like it. I find>that there is too much head movement, no matter what the>setting, and doesn't seem natural to me, at all. A glance at>the keyboard, and you're looking at your lap in the VC.>Perhaps because I also fly in real life, that amount of>movement is just a distraction - even though I tend to look>around a lot in reality, too. >>It IS very useful when taxiing tail-draggers, though!>>>Mike F.Mike, I had the TrackIR 3 & you're not alone but the reason I didn't like it other than what you mentioned is that I got physically sick. It may be a change in my physiology but I couldn't take the slight constant head movements. I'm surprised that others haven't mentioned that experience.Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

>sorry I misread that, so you got it for $150, and how much>was shipping? how long did it take to receive it once you>placed the order?And with the money I saved I added an extra 4 bucks for next day shipping. I ordered it at 12pm on thursday and got it before 3pm on friday for only 9.99 shipping cost. >>did it come with the TrackIR hat? or can you use ANY baseball>hat you own? I am just concerned that the brims on my>existing hats are TOO tightly curved for the vector clip..No it didn't come with a TrackIR hat(gogamer gave me a Tshirt though)My baseball hats are pretty curved, but I had no problems sliding the clip on. You can always go to a dollar store and get a 1 dollar baseball cap with an unbent brim. I like mine curved somewhat though.