Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Nvidia Inspector & DX10 settings please

Hello:

I am soon expecting delivery of my new system.  I seeking support for settings with Steve's DX10 fix and Nvidia Inspector.  Thanks much.

-intel i7-7700K

-Z270H GAMING

-16GB 3000 MHz

-750W EVGA SuperNOVA (750 B1)

-1x GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition)

-1x SSD (480GB Digital Storm Performance Series)

-2x SSD (1TB Samsung 850 EVO)

-H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler

-Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.8GHz

-Windows 7 x64 Home 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I would set your FSX and NI settings as recommended in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (link in my signature).  Nothing has changed.  The settings, although high, will get rid of jaggies. Steve's DX10 Fixer fixed the anomalies created by the Microsoft Aces Team when they programmed FSX/Acceleration for the new DX10 Technology.  The Microsoft Team was unable to fix the anomalies as the Team was released by Microsoft Executives.  Fortunately Steve was able to figure out what file caused the anomalies and fix the problem.  I personally use the default settings for Steve's fixer as I'm only want the fix.  He has a couple of tweaks he throws in your FSX.cfg that I do not like.  I personally had issues with them with my currrent system and removed them.

Have fun with your new system.It's much like mine (see my signature).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim, hi guys,

From this message you will see that i know little to nothing about computers. Some time ago i bought Steve's DX10 fixer and never did anything with the icon, thinking that all was well. Recent posts have told me that i am not running DX10. I use Win7. So I did watch Berto Bettencourts' video yesterday. And I have now set the fixer as he recommended to [8x]. But i do not have inspector. Do I really need it? It's more than my feeble brain can attempt. [Maybe i can get my son here to make inspector do its stuff]

Have made a couple flights with just fixer set to DX10 mode. And first couple seemed much smoother. However I loaded the Milviz Baron, tried to grab the dropdown GTN750 and immediately my left and right monitors went blank. Used Alt+Enter to restore all 3 monitors but could not get the 750 after a couple tries. 

Help would be greatly appreciated!! Big thanks!!

Lennie

henderson NC

4 hours ago, lennie said:

But i do not have inspector. Do I really need it? It's more than my feeble brain can attempt. [Maybe i can get my son here to make inspector do its stuff]

For FSX and DX10 use, I would highly recommend the Nvidia Inspector.  I think it is a must.  The latest version is here - https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts. Just extract and run the .exe and look for the Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 profile in the upper right corner of the program then complete it as shown in the image in the FSX Config Guide. 

If it works well without the NI and with just Steve's DX10 Fixer settings, then that's fine too if you like the graphics.

Whenever I pulled down a gauge and placed it on another monitor (other than the monitor containing FSX), it worked great until I tried to move it during a flight.  Then black screen and FSX froze up.  Being a computer expert, I stopped doing that as I never could figure out why.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you Jim.  I made one change to build though, I got the GTX1080Ti...for the "future"...whatever that might hold.  Should I still use the settings you mention?

Cheers!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hi Aaron,

Okay, I'm jealous.  I was going to hold out for the 1080TI but couldn't wait.  I'll probably still get one but will wait until the really souped up ones are released http://www.pcworld.com/article/3178426/components-graphics/every-custom-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-graphics-card-revealed-so-far.html.  The benchmarks show the 1080TI is a bit better and worth the upgrade - http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-vs-GeForce-GTX-1080.  I seriously doubt it will help much with FSX (boxed version).  It might with FSX-SE if DTG converts to 64 bit and I think will be better in P3D 32 bit or 64 bit it that sim is upgraded.

Like you said - "for the future".

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim for the wise words. Now to get it done!

Hey Jim

One more question: I have 2 - 780s, does inspector change both at the same time?

Thanks again!

Yes it does.  You should have the two 780's in SLI mode (with the bridge connecting both cards).  The Nvidia Inspector has more graphics card settings than the default used by your system.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

It will be interesting to see what (if any) increase in performance we'll get.  Like I said, I'm not expecting much but hope it comes in handy to have the Ti in the future.

Aaron Ortega

Hey Jim, back again with another question. I have watched Berto's video and read NickN's NVI guide. So when i open inspector and click the tool to get to profiles, type in MS Flight Simulator X, there is no such thing in the drop down box; only FSX 2000. The NVI version is 1.9.7.8.

Help?? Also have your guide.

My guide is obviously better!  It's shorter and doesn't recommend any tweaks.  He did work for Nvidia once and I didn't so that gives him a very slight edge.

The latest version is 2.1.3.4.  FSX should be shown under Microsoft Flight Simulator 10.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hello,

I was just wondering what is the latest "Basic FSX Configuration Guide". The only one I could find was dated 2013 and I have read that FSX Steam no longer requires many of these tweaks. Is there an updated guide for fsx.cfg, DX10 fixer and nvidia inpector settings?

Also, when I click on the link for "Basic FSX Configuration Guide" in the signature of Jim Young, a new page opens and Firefox will not open the page and gives a warning?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Jedasa
added point about link not working

The 2013 guide is the latest (and greatest).  It is still valid as FSX has not changed.  I am in the process of updating it to remove any information about the P3D config as we have a separate guide for P3D.  I will be making some other minor changes/corrections too.  Although never created to cover FSX-SE as that rendition of FSX was released later, many of the settings in the FSX config are valid.  FSX/FSX-SE are based on the same engine with some very slight changes to be compatible with Steam.  

The link to the guide and the download works for me.  Perhaps someone on the AVSIM Staff saw your post and fixed it.  Thanks for bringing to our attention.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim,

I appreciate your prompt reply and clarification!

Best regards,

- Jeff