Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Nvidia Inspector & DX10 settings please

On 3/21/2017 at 3:44 PM, Jim Young said:

My guide is obviously better!  It's shorter and doesn't recommend any tweaks.  He did work for Nvidia once and I didn't so that gives him a very slight edge.

The latest version is 2.1.3.4.  FSX should be shown under Microsoft Flight Simulator 10.

Best regards,

Jim

Great, will look for that one, and follow your guide!!

Thanks!

My guide is obviously better!  It's shorter and doesn't recommend any tweaks.  He did work for Nvidia once and I didn't so that gives him a very slight edge.

The latest version is 2.1.3.4.  FSX should be shown under Microsoft Flight Simulator 10.

Best regards,

Jim

I am not computer savvy, but i have google searched for download for 2.1.3.4, and cannot find it. I guess i need more than help!

Here's a link to the latest build - https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

Even if you download an earlier version, it should tell you at the bottom of the NI program that there is a later version and provides a link to it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim,

Printed your guide, got it done, running much better, just an occasional stutter at more complex airports, or turning too quickly. Thanks for the help! Couldn't have done it with out the Guide!!

On 3/24/2017 at 11:19 AM, lennie said:

Couldn't have done it with out the Guide!!

Thanks!  Hopefully I can get the guide updated soon and make it easier to set your settings.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Thanks!  Hopefully I can get the guide updated soon and make it easier to set your settings.

Hey Jim, will look forward to getting the revised guide, I changed all of your settings except WideViewAspect=False. With 3 monitors it did not seem right, so i went back to "True". Stutters at all major airports is a problem. I know you don't recommend any Tweaks, but is there anything i might do to help this? My stats are below!

Thanks, Lennie G in NC

For FSX, the fsx.cfg should have wideviewaspect=true if you have a wide view monitor.  This setting is not really just for multi-monitors.  In the monitor forum in the Hardware Section we have several topics about multi-monitor usage and one pinned topic on how to set them up.  There are no known tweaks for multi-monitors.  I do know that multi-monitors affect the performance of your computer.  The AVSIM FSX Guide was not written with multi-monitors settings as most members have single monitors. I tried multi-monitors and had no fun and had many issues and got rid of them.  I now use my 34 inch monitor.

If you clamp Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias in your graphics card settings, that is supposed to help reduce stuttering but the only real solution to getting rid of stuttering is to reduce settings as your computer system is having a hard time rendering your textures fast enough and pauses and stutters.  High settings for Autogen might create stuttering too if set too high.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim, 

I have a question. I'm running FSX with triple 27" monitors configured as 1 screen with Nvidia surround through one EVGA 1050ti GPU, giving me a resolution of 5760 x 1080, and a fabulous VC with a wide surround view. My question is: what should I use in NVI for 'Multi-Display/mixed GPU' setting, since although the guide indicates 'multi performace mode' for multiple display setups, NVidia surround effectively sees the setup as 1 screen? 

Cheers, 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

This is correct.  One more reason why I do not like multi-displays.  I like to use the extra monitor for looking at e-mail or monitoring the flight via utilities.  As far as NI settings go for multi-monitors, I am not the expert or knowledgeable as I have one big 34 inch screen and one small 24 inch screen each connected to separate HDMI display ports on my GTX 1080 TI.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM