Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

Enrico,

Your error message is curious because that file isn't supposed to be updated in the P3D version.

I've alerted kyle and asked him to take a look at that entry to see what gives.  Stay tuned...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

John,

I assume you mean in P3D, yes?  (It is important to tell us which platform you are talking about- we are lousy guessers.  LOL)

If so- i think Kyle goofed up.  Should be an easy fix whenever he wakes up. 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ok, so the Chief Pilot said: run the update and DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. Let the thing complete it's task. What do I see: "I'm downloading and updating now". 

What will we all see next: many topics with cry for help that "something is wrong". Well, read what the Chief Pilot said. 

Sorry for being negative but... that's what it looks like (now you can hate me).

Tom Link

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

THIS IS IMPORTANT: Let the updater finish before you do anything else.  Don't click it.  Don't touch it.  Don't navigate to another window and try to run it again.  Don't pick your nose while whistling. (just making sure you are paying attention...)  Let the thing finish it's work...

Um....about that....whilst this was taking place, I....got dressed, walked into the garage on board my MDX to get something, walked into the basement to get something else, then walked back up here. Is that going to cause a problem?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

If so- i think Kyle goofed up. 

As Jimbo Jones said in the Simpsons (Homer the Vigilante), Now I don't believe in nothing no more. I'm going to law school. :laugh:

John,

I assume you mean in P3D, yes?  (It is important to tell us which platform you are talking about- we are lousy guessers.  LOL)

My bad! Yep, I meant P3D :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

John,

so should we hold off updating the P3D version?

Hello,

for Prepar3d I need six minutes and the update was done.

Thanks for the new simplicity. 

Hello, Love the update but I noticed that I don't see the engine/APU exhaust effects anymore at idle. Was that taken away? Thanks!!

ROMAN78

3 hours ago, abdelsa said:

My 747 was properly updated. Thank you.

I've P3D too, updated without issues.

Great updater, very smooth process no issues! Thanks nice piece of software 

I got the VC error too. Typed in VC Runtimes in google, took me right to the page. Downloaded the 2015 x86 version, and it worked. Thanks guys! Now, for MORE testing....

Think I will leave this for a bit.

What do the updates bring?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, ST1322 said:

Ok, so the Chief Pilot said: run the update and DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. Let the thing complete it's task. What do I see: "I'm downloading and updating now". 

What will we all see next: many topics with cry for help that "something is wrong". Well, read what the Chief Pilot said. 

Sorry for being negative but... that's what it looks like (now you can hate me).

One hint: there are actually people around the world with more than one computer. Just saying.