Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

24 minutes ago, FDX706 said:

Hello, Love the update but I noticed that I don't see the engine/APU exhaust effects anymore at idle. Was that taken away? Thanks!!

ROMAN78

No, it was not removed. It was modified to stop performance loss that some users saw, but the effect should still be visible.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the quick reply... I had it before the update on idle and takeoff but now I can't see it. I'm reinstalling to then re-updating to see f maybe it was  messed up on the update. I'll report back.

ROMAN78

No problem here for the update system. It worked just fine for my FSX:SE version.

Just a quick suggestion it would be nice to have a progress bar of some sort when downloading the file, especially the very big ones, as it would probably stop users from closing the update window while in progress. I know it's possible as I've already seen this kind of progress bar in command line type windows ;) It just help to know that things are going on.

Is the size of the update declared before you download. As I prefer to get 'large' downloads in my off peak times? She is not too happy when my download hogs her bandwidth

Geoff Bryce

35 minutes ago, Tabs said:

No, it was not removed. It was modified to stop performance loss that some users saw, but the effect should still be visible.

Thanks... I see it now. Real faint but its there. Thanks!!!

ROMAN78

I managed to update successfully but using a totally different method.  I clicked on Version and it said product needs update.  I clicked on update and it did its thing.  Restarted OC and it told me product was up to date. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Had this error, will it try again automatically?

2017/03/11 13:04:28 [PMDG 1] From remote: SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\texture.vccommon\PMDG_747v2_Ovhd_Text_AI.dds to E:\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\texture.vccommon\PMDG_747v2_Ovhd_Text_AI.dds, size 342KB
2017/03/11 13:04:30 [PMDG 2] Error in file download - server provided abnormal response code 404
2017/03/11 13:04:30 [PMDG 1] File 24 of 66 successfuly updated for this sim.

Ok, I seem to have an issue here.  I have FSX (not SE) 747.  Updated OC as stated.  Restarted and it showed 747 needed the update.  Clicked update, it downloaded (and said on this page that the page would disappear when update installed), DOS window opened and ran a few things then it disappeared along with the update window and all notifications cleared.  I went to 747 page and clicked on version and it still showed old version installed.  I restarted OC and now the notification is back that I need to update the 747.  I tried it again and got the same result.  I made sure I turned off all virus protection so that shouldn't be it.  Thoughts?

Thanks for the update. No issues updating! 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

The update went smooth for me.  It took about 5 minutes with no issues.

- William Howe

Dan Scott

hello roberto my booth updates went fine apart from my wheel textures they are not right  i have unistalled all of it and then done all over again but no joy wen i revert back the wheel textures are back to normal can you advise please

Worked like a charm for me, very intuitive.

I can confirm that whistling and picking your nose while the update is in progress does cause an exception. My wife took exception to me doing it. :ohmy:

ki9cAAb.jpg

i have this Error PMDG_Updater_744_XSE.EXE - System Error The Program can´t star because MSVCP140.dll is missing from you computer. Try Reinstall the program to fix this problem

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

58 minutes ago, Vieira12 said:

hello roberto my booth updates went fine apart from my wheel textures they are not right  i have unistalled all of it and then done all over again but no joy wen i revert back the wheel textures are back to normal can you advise please

Repainters clamoured for wheel textures where they could individually weather the hubs dirty without influencing certain wheel parts and the nose wheel. 

So if you painted your own livery, you will need to use the updated wheel textures (pmdg_747_gears.dds) that is in the texture.common folder in the -400 directory and drop it in your livery folder.

If you downloaded another repaint, that repainter has to update their repaints with the new wheel texture in their repaints folder. 

• Upvote 2

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64