Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

Hello,  This is no big issue but I thought the update might have repaired the slight skeletal view at startup. Some other day perhaps.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, richard welsh said:

Hello,  This is no big issue but I thought the update might have repaired the slight skeletal view at startup. Some other day perhaps.

I don't believe it can be repaired. If it was repaired some of the exterior lighting would go away.

Just updated as per the posted instructions (platform P3D v3). Updater posted successful results and version shows up as correct. The problem I have is that the airplane systems do not initialize. All gauges are black and controls inoperable. It's as if the product has not activated. Any ideas? It seems like a simconnect issue, but only for the 747 since the gauges are black with no landing gear. The 777 works perfectly. I've ran all the simconnect installers again without luck.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

"Error 2 occured while updating "PMDG Operations Center.exe" Please restart your computer and try the update again.

I restarted..but I do not have my PMDG Operations center any more

This is P3D V3.5

edited to add: I ran the PMDG Operations updater and it updated the ops center.

Now I am updating the 747.

Edited to add:

It said it completed...so I exited the Ops center...but the CMD window  shows its doing something...I see activities on the cmd window. I let that alone and it finished after  a while. I think it updated everything.

restarting P3D. Reloaded a saved file and it looks good.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Based on what Robert said, sounds like until Kyle fixes the issue mentioned in the first couple pages of this thread there is no sense updating if you run P3D. Can someone from the team confirm when the fix is live. Thanks

Eric 

47 minutes ago, Manny said:

I restarted..but I do not have my PMDG Operations center any more

This suggests that your Anti virus suite decided to work against you rather than for you. Check your AV quarantine, then you may also want to add an exclusion (or perhaps just uninstall it and use the Windows one, as it's a lot less aggressive).

44 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Based on what Robert said, sounds like until Kyle fixes the issue mentioned in the first couple pages of this thread there is no sense updating if you run P3D. Can someone from the team confirm when the fix is live. Thanks

I mean...it was just an extra file that the plane would have ignored, but it's all good now.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This suggests that your Anti virus suite decided to work against you rather than for you. Check your AV quarantine,

I only have MS security essential. Since the update failed, it removed the ops center.. But I still had the Ops Updater in the PMDG Menu which I used to update and get the Ops center.exe back. After that everything went fine.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Can a changelog be posted? I'm mobile for a little while 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

As I have not yet  purchased and downloaded the FSX QOTS v. II, will that d/l include any of the new PMDG Operations Center updates?

Jerry Neidick

There were no problems.

This is much better.

Thank you :smile:

cheers

Sebastian

Update worked fine for me, but took around 30 minutes - I did notice it speed up towards the end though. Perhaps just server loads are high. I am on 200mbps fibre internet. Normally downloading from PMDG site would take a couple minutes at most.

Cheers for the updates and new functionality guys!

4 hours ago, richard welsh said:

Richard,

You just outed yourself as having not read the introduction to this fine product.

We provide you with information in the introduction that explains what that "skeletal" view is... and how to address it.

Happy reading!

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

7 hours ago, Pilotdude3407 said:

Ok, I seem to have an issue here.  I have FSX (not SE) 747.  Updated OC as stated.  Restarted and it showed 747 needed the update.  Clicked update, it downloaded (and said on this page that the page would disappear when update installed), DOS window opened and ran a few things then it disappeared along with the update window and all notifications cleared.  I went to 747 page and clicked on version and it still showed old version installed.  I restarted OC and now the notification is back that I need to update the 747.  I tried it again and got the same result.  I made sure I turned off all virus protection so that shouldn't be it.  Thoughts?

Had the same thing on FSX-SE, First attempt to update got a quick CMD box, and that was it. tried again and the same thing happened. Each time still with notification update was needed. Checked the update log file in Appdata\roaming\PMDG Operation Center, and the first entry had no errors, but ended with 0/0 files updated. Subsequent attempts all said product already updated . I even tried uninstalling the 744 and reinstalling, and the log still said product was up to date even though the OP still notifying  update necessary. Then I noticed on the first entry a new registry entry was created. I located that key and sure enough it had an entry for current version which reflected the new 8186 update. I edited that key back to the release 8132, the tried to update again. This time the 744updated everything 62/62 files. Tested it in the sim and the biggest problem I had originally  with the fault/mcp lights not working, now works fine. The only issue I have now is the OP still thinks an update is required and still says 8132 is installed. Again if I try to update it the log file says the 744 is already up to date, which now it actually is, but I can't get rid of the notification. If you know how to work with the registry the location of the key in question is in HKEY_Local_Machine (Follow the path from there with what is in your log file) Note the key itself has a hexadecimal name so make sure you are working with the right one. If you are not familiar with how to safely edit the registry do not attempt it, you can do serious damage to your system if done incorrectly to the point your system may  no longer boot. In this case work with PMDG support to resolve.

Tom Cain 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

1 hour ago, 77west said:

Update worked fine for me, but took around 30 minutes - I did notice it speed up towards the end though. Perhaps just server loads are high. I am on 200mbps fibre internet. Normally downloading from PMDG site would take a couple minutes at most.

Cheers for the updates and new functionality guys!

Wes,

Purely your imagination.  All of our digital distribution is done via the amazon cloud.

So anyone commenting on the "server is getting hammered" and the like is just...  wrong.  LOL

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com