Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

27 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Wes,

Purely your imagination.  All of our digital distribution is done via the amazon cloud.

So anyone commenting on the "server is getting hammered" and the like is just...  wrong.  LOL

I realize that which is why I was hesitant to post at all, my company uses AWS as well so I thought, well surely not their end.

It did take half an hour though, which I thought was strange. Will chalk it up to the vagaries of the interwebs and so forth.

PS - I did take a screenshot at about the 22min mark in case I had issues later and needed it to help with a support ticket. It did complete fine however at about the 30min mark.

I think it is a great new feature nonetheless

Wes,

Yeah- The Cloud sometimes isn't as fast as other times.  No idea why.

I agree- this is a great tool for the future.  We will be able to fix something and roll it to you guys instantly upon completion of verification testing- without having to wait months for lots of changes to roll upward.

I like that trend.

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

1 minute ago, rsrandazzo said:

Wes,

Yeah- The Cloud sometimes isn't as fast as other times.  No idea why.

I agree- this is a great tool for the future.  We will be able to fix something and roll it to you guys instantly upon completion of verification testing- without having to wait months for lots of changes to roll upward.

I like that trend.

In terms of announcing new updates - will it be a case of "run the OC daily" or will there be forum announcements for every update? (This could get tedious on your guys end)

Simple, practical and functional. Time spent for a coffee, about 4 minutes. Queen of new clothes.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Do I understand this correctly that painter will have to update all their uploaded paints because of this update? I really hate to add fixes to my paints and also the fact that all my work is now not correct or graphically corrupt. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

3 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Do I understand this correctly that painter will have to update all their uploaded paints because of this update? I really hate to add fixes to my paints and also the fact that all my work is now not correct or graphically corrupt. 

I think only the texture with the wheel updates. I would not say all your work is corrupt... If you just used the default wheel textures, you probably are not affected.

40 minutes ago, 77west said:

I think only the texture with the wheel updates. I would not say all your work is corrupt... If you just used the default wheel textures, you probably are not affected.

PMDG could I have confirmation of this?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Did Robert forget to let us know what is in the update?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Paul,

Yes, you will need to update any repaints you have made in order to make them conform to the changes we added at customer requests.

Boaz,

In the Operations Center, go to the 747 product, then click VERSIONS, then click on the "Change List" icon.

Easy. 

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

This is not good. You really cannot update a paint you uploaded. You have to upload a fix to the original textures and most users will not see this fix or know of it's existence. To satisfy a few you have caused a major headache for many. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi everyone,

I followed step by step the instructions, updated successfully the Ops Center, but when updating 747V3, it won't launch: "msvcp140.dll is missing".

Any help appreciated,

thanks.

You need to get the respective Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime... I think 140 is for 2015 version, but not sure.

@rsrandazzo so, if there is a need to change paints - there are also new paintkits? or? what was the change? I don't have relase notes at hand to check.

3 hours ago, warbirds said:

This is not good. You really cannot update a paint you uploaded. You have to upload a fix to the original textures and most users will not see this fix or know of it's existence. To satisfy a few you have caused a major headache for many. 

Only affects those who customised the wheel textures. If you didn't - then it's not a problem.

Or just update the repaint and upload again, no big deal.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Glad you don't mind repainting all your paints and re-uploading. For me, as a working texture artist, my time for freeware is limited so my paints will remain as they are. 

Also the way it is stated the update changes all wheel texture sheets, stock or otherwise. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Just now, warbirds said:

Glad you don't mind repainting all your paints and re-uploading. For me, as a working texture artist, my time for freeware is limited so my paints will remain as they are. 

No no no... thats wrong. ONLY the wheel hub texture is affected. Unless you modified this, your paints are fine...