Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

1 hour ago, Xiropillo said:

What if someday internet is not accesible for everyone?

Than how would  one  update  their  products  and  get  info on issues   that  users  are having.  By snail mail  is  the other  option :biggrin:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, Boomer said:

Absolutely, the update has caused me all kinds of problems.

I went ahead anyway and had no issues

Well my problem is kinda weird.... I got the O/C upgrade, did that. Then got notified about the -400 Update. But everytime I click OK, I see the update window like literally for a millisecond and then my screen goes back to the "No Notification" Screen with the sunglasses.... "You have no Notifications...." Reinstalled..... tried again... no cigar.... 

I get the following error - after updating the OC, I try to start the update and then it opens the DOS window and I get a message saying:  "The application was unable to start correctly *0xc000007b).   Clek OK to close the application."   I do notice that the header in that window says "PMDG_Updater_744_XSE.exe - application error".   Does this try to update the SE version?   I have the MS edition and I don't run it concurrently with SE.

I have rebooted, no anti-virus on.   Can someone assist?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Was hoping surround sound would be fixed in this update. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

6 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

Try running a repair on the current install, then re run the operations manager.

Still all black display screens.  My a/v was disabled the entire reinstall/repair/update process.

All other aircraft work fine in P3D so I see no need to reinstall sim connect.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Pilotdude3407 said:

Ok, I seem to have an issue here.  I have FSX (not SE) 747.  Updated OC as stated.  Restarted and it showed 747 needed the update.  Clicked update, it downloaded (and said on this page that the page would disappear when update installed), DOS window opened and ran a few things then it disappeared along with the update window and all notifications cleared.  I went to 747 page and clicked on version and it still showed old version installed.  I restarted OC and now the notification is back that I need to update the 747.  I tried it again and got the same result.  I made sure I turned off all virus protection so that shouldn't be it.  Thoughts?

I too am having exactly the same problem with FSX version, Click on update download starts, DOS window opens runs a few lines then shuts after 4-5 seconds, checked version and it still shows the old one, close and then open Ops Center and see that I again have an update, please advise how to correct this.

John Funnell

scap_b777.png  NAX8096.png

34 minutes ago, u719826 said:

I too am having exactly the same problem with FSX version, Click on update download starts, DOS window opens runs a few lines then shuts after 4-5 seconds, checked version and it still shows the old one, close and then open Ops Center and see that I again have an update, please advise how to correct this.

PMDG Support wants me to delete EVERYTHING concerning the 747 and OC and start fresh.  While that is generally the first go to fix, I am not happy about losing hundreds of hours of 747 flying I have done.  Can I at least save my panel state or times so I am not starting with a zero time airframe?

24 minutes ago, Pilotdude3407 said:

PMDG Support wants me to delete EVERYTHING concerning the 747 and OC and start fresh.  While that is generally the first go to fix, I am not happy about losing hundreds of hours of 747 flying I have done.  Can I at least save my panel state or times so I am not starting with a zero time airframe?

Yes. Just copy them somewhere else for the time being, and then put them back in once you re-install it. I don't know that it would even delete the times anyhow since it was never installed when the 747 was first installed, but that would be your best option just to be on the safe side.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

49 minutes ago, Pilotdude3407 said:

Please let us know if it worked for you - sorry about the double post, still getting used to the new forum format!

Regards

I'm just going to do as they say.  I'm not happy about it but it is what it is.  I'm doing it now.  I will report back when I finish.

OK, I have to report this it might help, first I suggest the OC would have an option of re-update just if we need to update a version once more..... 

The scenario was different for me, started OC with admin rights and anti-virus is off, the setting wheel was red I clicked to see there were 2 updates available for OC and QOS, I started with OC as instructed ......It took 5-7 mins I realized that the whole fleet is being updated.....Then ended, QOS was not in red I went out and in of OC the QOS did not need any update......

I realized also that the livery downloader is not functioning giving me that TLS 1.2 is not activated on my internet configuration 

The plane is functioning for sure, however, I check the version today to see if I have the latest one

Great bird really thank you 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

PMDG, can you please provide a separate file download for a direct patch?

I second that.... uninstalled.... reinstalled.... did the whole spectrum of possible "remedies" .... Just continue to get the "Availability" of an Update, when I click it, pops up for  millisecond, goes back to the no notifications screen.... Version stays the same.... outdated...... 

17 minutes ago, Reinhardt said:

I second that.... uninstalled.... reinstalled.... did the whole spectrum of possible "remedies" .... Just continue to get the "Availability" of an Update, when I click it, pops up for  millisecond, goes back to the no notifications screen.... Version stays the same.... outdated...... 

From what I understand, if you re-downloaded then the 747 should be as up to date as the hot fix through OC.  So if it is still showing bad, then maybe it is a problem with the OC.  They are having me go and delete the OC and start over there too.