Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

1 hour ago, dehowie said:

So can someone from PMDG please advise what we P3D users are to do?

This is the community support forum. For official statements related to official support, you need to go to the official support portal, which is linked from our homepage, at the tops of the pages here, the Intro Manual, and my signature below.

1 hour ago, dehowie said:

Having ended up with black screens once after a two hour update process which has wiped out all of my liveries do we have a statement or instructions on how to update?

It should take no longer than about 5 minutes. Whereabouts are you connecting from in the world? This indicates a connection issue, which has also apparently corrupted your download.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, dehowie said:

So can someone from PMDG please advise what we P3D users are to do?

Having ended up with black screens once after a two hour update process which has wiped out all of my liveries do we have a statement or instructions on how to update?

Should we simply redownload the original installer which i assume has been updated or is that still original non updated code

So how do we update without wiping out our install or having to spend hours fixing it...again?

Hi. I had the same issue. The update time is simply due to your connection speed. The issue which caused my dark panels and inoperative aircraft was my antivirus software corrupting the update when I first ran it. Kyle mentioned this somewhere further back. I uninstalled QOTS2 and re-installed with the original installer. Then disabled Norton and ran the updater....update worked perfectly..then run the OC again to restore liveries.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

My connection speed is around 100 Mps fibre optic cable...not the issue.

Thanks Kyle but there is no mention anywhere on the "official" support areas of the issues P3D users are having hence the post here.

The only anti security which was running was windows defender of which the PMDG ops center folder and the ops center exe where both previously listed as exempted.

Also run in admin mode.

Will try again this morning thanks.

got it on second try changed folder security settings..disabled windows defender etc.

Off base install this time updated changed 65 files not 18 as on first update try.

thanks!

Darren Howie

Off base install this time updated changed 65 files not 18 as on first update try.

The first update updated some 60+ files, and the second one updated 18. If you then ran the repair tool, then updated again, it wouldn't have done two separate updates, it would have done both updates at the same time.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

My connection speed is around 100 Mps fibre optic cable...not the issue.

My connection speed is about the same. That didn't matter the other week when Amazon's services went down. You can have all the speed in the world. What matters is your connection between your computer and your local Amazon node. If you're doing anything out-of-the-norm with your DNS (like using 8.8.8.8), you could be compromising your ability to find your closest AWS node.

Thanks Kyle but there is no mention anywhere on the "official" support areas of the issues P3D users are having hence the post here.

Not sure what you're referring to here. If it's a problem with our product, we have an official support function. If you want an official response from us, that's where you go.

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, WacUK said:

Hi,

I was wondering if PMDG have any plans to fix the wonky spinning arrows on the updater when updating the Operations Center, it plays havoc with my OCD. Thank you. :)

Adam,

If you would please send me an example of precisely what you do NOT want those arrows to do...  I will make sure that we get that into the next build...

I mean leave it out.  yeah.  that was what i meant.  :biggrin:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Is there any possibilty to do the updates by just dowloading it and installing manually? Updating through the OC is not working for me. Waiting hours for the updates dowloading and it just got stuck at file 7 of 18. Had to do a repair again after issues with the previous update to get the queen working as before.

Ii seems I am a culprit of the TRIPLE-F factor. It was Fine, so I Fixed it, now it's F****d! :blush:

Johann van Rhyn

Hi,

Having an issue updating the 747 for P3d where everything seems to download and install correctly appart from the command prompt in the OC not closing after the files have updated. I've tried reinstalling the OC and the other recommendations. After exiting and opening again it still shows the need to update.

Andrew

OPC Automatic updates works very well for me ...so far. Good work PMDG. Thanks

Win 10 - P3D V3.4

Best Regards

Jan Stene

Norway ENZV

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WMWM said:

the command prompt in the OC not closing after the files have updated.

It is possible that the window is not closing because it is still working. How are you sure all files have updated?

Dan Downs KCRP

On 3/11/2017 at 3:38 AM, Christian2920 said:

Never had any issues with PMDG and my anti virus suite before

We hadn't released anything before that was downloading things on its own. To an AV suite a program that it doesn't recognize (just about any of our stuff), but is downloading things like DLLs, is *definitely* a Trojan, up to no good.

This obviously isn't the case, but the AV thinks it is, so it gets in the way.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey team,

My ops center updated, but I have not received any update notification on the aircraft. Current version is 3.00.8132, is this correct?  (still digging in the forums)

-Thank you

1 hour ago, CaptainLychock said:

Current version is 3.00.8132, is this correct?

Nope.

For what it's worth, the OC will tell you this info.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the input, I read the OC, I did exactly what it said. I just have no notification on the gear or anything considering a update for the 747.