Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

Captains,

We have just made live the first real-time product update for the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II product line.

This will be your first introduction to our rapidly adapting live-update technology that will soon be used to cover everything from purchased product distribution to livery installation to product updating in real time.

While we have tried to make this as simple-to-use as possible, we know that some of you will find creative ways to dive in and break it accidentally.  :dry:  That being the case, here is a quick primer on what to do:

1. Run the PMDG Operations Center
  2. Click on the settings wheel (top, right) to go to the Operations Center udpate center.
  3. You should see a notification here telling you that the Operations Center has an update.
  4. Run the Operations Center Update.
  5. AFTER THE UPDATE IS COMPLETED... let the Operations Center run again and click the wheel at the top right.
  6. You will notice that the Operations Center alerts you that your 747 for P3D, FSX and/or FSX:SE requires an update.  Click install....
  7. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Let the updater finish before you do anything else.  Don't click it.  Don't touch it.  Don't navigate to another window and try to run it again.  Don't pick your nose while whistling. (just making sure you are paying attention...)  Let the thing finish it's work...
  8. When the updater has finished (it will depend on your connection speed) you can then run the next update (if you have the 747 on a different sim platform) or you can go back to the product module and check the VERSIONS tab to see that you now have the most current version!  (You can tell you have the most current version when the bar turns green... the text there will also assure you that you have the most current version, even if we change the version later!)

This is a new technology- and we anticipate a few glitches along the way.  We will be monitoring it through the weekend and we may need to turn it off/on briefly as we discover minor hiccups or items we need to fix that didn't come up in beta testing.

We do not anticipate updating the eCommerce installers at this time, as we anticipate pushing a number of updates for this product line in very rapid succession, and as such anyone needing to reinstall the entire product can do so from the original installer and then run the Operations Center to get the most current version available.

This will GREATLY simplify all of our lives because it will be simple to make sure you are up to date with the most current changes for this product line- and we expect to roll this update capability backward to the 777 next!

• Upvote 6

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Downloading as I type this. Thank you Rob and team. The Queen is by far the most stable PMDG release ever. Right out of the box.

***update*** Took around four minutes to run through the B747 updater. Fantastic.

Downloading as well, actually installing. :cool:

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Amazing! Works like a charm.
Thanks, PMDG.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Guess im the lucky ###### who gets the errors today.. missing VCRUNTIME140.DLL this time.. 

The link you sent thanks Robert didnt work as ive got a later version.. running Win 10 64bit, updated the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package..

No difference.. 

Still googling and trying..

All help appreciated.

The update seems to have caused some issues and my planes won't initialize the systems (Reinstalled simconnects..) and the BCF and M models won't display.

Since the installers aren't updated, repair and re-run the ops centre update?

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

22 minutes ago, jwf069 said:

Guess im the lucky ###### who gets the errors today.. missing VCRUNTIME140.DLL this time.. 

The link you sent thanks Robert didnt work as ive got a later version.. running Win 10 64bit, updated the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package..

No difference.. 

Still googling and trying..

All help appreciated.

Downloading this C++ pack: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and installing the x86 version and then x64 verison allowed me to get rid of the dll error and install the updates.

• Upvote 2

I did a system restore back 2 weeks just now which allowed me to install what you suggested (prior to that it wouldnt) and it seems to being working, the installed hasnt crashed yet..

Thanks Bob greatly appreciated.

That is very nice indeed. If only my bloody antivirus would stop removing the Ops Center when I try to update the 747... 

Oh well. Gotta wait until I can get back on the site and redownload any product I guess

easy solution is  to  disable  your  anti  virus   whilst  downloading

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yeah I know. Didnt think about it when I started. Never had any issues with PMDG and my anti virus suite before. Oh well. Managed to get my ops center working again, updating the 747 currently. Servers are getting absolutely nailed lol

Hello

I tried the update and got an error. 

In the "pmdg_updater_log.txt" i found the following lines:

2017/03/11 09:42:52 [PMDG 1] From remote: SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\texture.vccommon\PMDG_747v2_Ovhd_Text_AI.dds to F:\games\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\texture.vccommon\PMDG_747v2_Ovhd_Text_AI.dds, size 342KB
2017/03/11 09:42:52 [PMDG 2] Error in file download - server provided abnormal response code 404
2017/03/11 09:42:52 [PMDG 1] File 24 of 66 successfuly updated for this sim.

The file "PMDG_747v2_Ovhd_Text_AI.dds" has now the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>P3D_Updater/747400/SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG 747-400/texture.vccommon/PMDG_747v2_Ovhd_Text_AI.dds</Key><RequestId>23A6675E393255F9</RequestId><HostId>Rf89ZQbh7cq6d2xdch1R9ALmuwgm7JSIcXoAFFfR3CeRIEt3YjI7EenKIPcg0Xlz55ZG50w71z4=</HostId></Error>

The updater finished without telling that there was an error. 

Do i now have to reinstall the 747v3?

Enrico Reiser

Updated without issues, thank you sooo much!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD