Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX and Prepar3D now in Beta!

7 hours ago, downscc said:

I think the B744 is still counted as under development...

...don't think a Lockheed airplane is going to make it into the hanger of a company that has a licensing arrangement with Boeing...

My take, once I calmed myself down, was that three four-engine airplanes under development were the DC-6, the 747-8, and the 744 (still being tweaked).

On the other hand... :gaul:  ...and to your point about Boeing licensing... the Boeing portfolio now includes the Douglas heritage.

DC-8, anyone?  

22 hours ago, downscc said:

Why do you assume you have to wait..... or are you just being snippy this morning?  We are simultaneously beta testing FSX and P3D models.  There are differences.

I think the B744 is still counted as under development, we still have testing and I believe PMDG is still working with it. Just my opinion mind you.... the B707 has already been ruled out and I don't think a Lockheed airplane is going to make it into the hanger of a company that has a licensing arrangement with Boeing, which rules out the C-17.

Never being snippy, just wondering. As you state there are differences and I was wondering (with your permission of course ) if there would be a time between the two.

Vic green

As far as I can tell, FSX is still the "main" submarket in the FSX/ESP/P3D environment. I'd expect the same way as with the QoTS2, simultaneous release.

The price is nice. 2.500.000$ in PMDG shop from now ;)

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/productcart/pc/showsearchresults.asp?priceFrom=100&priceUntil=9999999

Looks like mistake. Please change it :).

What does it mean "Base Package" in the title of model? PMDG will do expansions or what?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 11-3-2017 at 7:21 AM, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

We have a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes at PMDG of late...  Simultaneous work on three different four engine airplanes.

Can you imagine?

What airplanes and which platforms? 

I am waiting for and update on the next X-Plane product.

Johan Wijnands

Really great news about the 6.  Been flying in xplane but it's welcome in my p3d hangar!  Speaking of GPS, are there any plans to integrate any third party GPS guages, specifically the f1 gym 650 maybe?  Thanks again for the beautiful planes, this is a day one buy all over again!

Rhys Legge

11 hours ago, OneWhoKnocks53 said:

Speaking of GPS, are there any plans to integrate any third party GPS guages, specifically the f1 gym 650 maybe?

I think the options - if I'm recalling correctly - are as follows:

• Our basic GPS (default)
  • RXP 430
  • Flight1 430
  • Flight1 650

In all of those cases, the config changes are handled by our functions, and do not require any of the developer's config tools to mess with our panel.cfgs (i.e. don't go hacking into our panel.cfgs with 3rd party tools - we're already accommodating those 3rd parties for you).

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I think the options - if I'm recalling correctly - are as follows:

• Our basic GPS (default)
  • RXP 430
  • Flight1 430
  • Flight1 650

That is fantastic news, thanks for the info!

Rhys Legge

On 3/11/2017 at 10:11 AM, Alan_A said:

On reflection, I took the three to be 1) the DC-6, 2) the 747-8 and 3) the 747-400 series (i.e. still being "worked on" in the form of updates and refinements).

But of course, I'm just trying to keep myself calm and keep my speculations reined in...

Simularly, I thought of it as: 1) DC-6 2) 748i 3) 748f

Excited for the DC-6. Once you've heard a radial fire up in front of you, it becomes an instant favorite. 

• Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

On 3/16/2017 at 6:47 AM, scandinavian13 said:

I do like to "blind" myself by keeping the GPS off the map page and not entering anything for the CDI to guide me with, but I've had enough "blind" flying scares in the real world that I prefer to have the GPS as a backup whenever I can. The first time was on my long PPL XC flight way back when GPS wasn't standard in GA fleets, and I was flying an old 152 from OKV-ROA-BCB-OKV. On my way back from OKV, I was flying back by ROA (a Class C) and had one of those moments of terror where you're flying in unfamiliar terrain, cross referencing the picture out the window with the sectional, and are thinking to yourself "oh no, am I not where I think I am and busting airspace right now???" A few moments later, I realized I was just fine, but that quick moment of terror wasn't fun. Without a continuous, positive indication of your position, those moments are more frequent. For those of you who have heard my story about why I no longer use the 'B' key shortcut. That was the same flight.

Funny, I have a similar story!  Right after I got my PPL, I started time building for my commercial, and got my tailwheel endorsement in a 180hp Super Cub.  I then started doing some of the commercial stuff in the Super Cub (cross countries mostly). 

On time I was flying CHD-BLH-CHD.  All VFR using pilotage.  I got pretty lost in the middle of the desert when I left the I-10 and started to panic, especially when I looked at the fuel sight gauges and saw they were lower than I'd expected.  There's some restricted areas out there in the area I was in, and I was terrified that I would bust one.  I ended up doing a few 360's while I searched my chart until I pinpointed myself.  After that I continued on as normal.  That's a bad feeling though, man!  What I took from it was to pay way better attention, and to use backup's if you have'em!

Paul R.

15 hours ago, ACR said:

Funny, I have a similar story!  Right after I got my PPL, I started time building for my commercial, and got my tailwheel endorsement in a 180hp Super Cub.  I then started doing some of the commercial stuff in the Super Cub (cross countries mostly). 

On time I was flying CHD-BLH-CHD.  All VFR using pilotage.  I got pretty lost in the middle of the desert when I left the I-10 and started to panic, especially when I looked at the fuel sight gauges and saw they were lower than I'd expected.  There's some restricted areas out there in the area I was in, and I was terrified that I would bust one.  I ended up doing a few 360's while I searched my chart until I pinpointed myself.  After that I continued on as normal.  That's a bad feeling though, man!  What I took from it was to pay way better attention, and to use backup's if you have'em!

Paul R.

That's awesome man, times like that scared the crap out of you but you became a better pilot for it.  I remember my first solo X-country, it was PRC to some little airport in NE Arizona in an old 172, then to a few other small airports, then back to PRC.  The first leg I followed my flight plan 'math'.  Another leg I used VORs, then I used the sectional, following power lines and roads.  then on the way back, I could see familiar mountain peaks for reference to guide me home.  I remember the thrill of finding the power lines to follow, a little nervous, hoping they were the right power lines to follow, then getting confirmation with some cross referenced landmarks.  

The Instructor I had during my PPL phase was big on doing the 'math', he was an ex Army chopper pilot, so his thing was always knowing where you are without the use of 'aids', instead using math and referencing landmarks.  I remember he would put the 'hood' on me, then make me follow my own flight plan math, and when my predicted time elapsed, would have me take off the hood, look outside and see if I was anywhere near the waypoint.  I remember looking outside for the waypoint, not seeing it and getting a little discouraged.  Then he rolls the airplane, and there it is, directly under the plane.  

It is amazing how accurate you can be with your own 'grey matter'.

I remember the old sectional rules of thumb, all you need is a sectional, and a pencil.   Say your groundspeed is 120kts If you know you are going 2nm/min.   You put the pencil on the sectional from where you are point to the direction of where you want to go.  move the pencil to a VOR compass rose for direction, line your pencil up with the latitude tickmarks for distance.  So just with a Sectional and a pencil, you have direction, distance...then with simple math, you have an ETA.

It's fun to hop into FS and try out that pilot math, its amazing how well it works and how accurate it really is.  I still have my old E6B lol.  I still prefer it to a calculator lol.

Cheers

TJ 

1 hour ago, pilottj said:

I still have my old E6B lol.  I still prefer it to a calculator lol.

Agree 100%... spinning the dial is second nature and quicker than pushing buttons.  Even my Brietling watch has a circular slide rule, an analog watch with no batteries self winding... perfect.

Dan Downs KCRP

I know this might be asking too much and be a bit too late in the development stage, but would it be possible to add 3D passengers to the cabin, like was the case in the J41? Or would this simply be too high of a VAS/FPS penalty in a such bigger airplane?

Has anybody questioned that delicate question before or not, but are you guys going to be diving further into X-Plane world and moving your masterpieces there?(737/777/747), X-Plane 11 is out now, and is having some serious problems with good planes (Boeings lol)  in it. Thank you for your reply

On 3/22/2017 at 6:55 PM, ACR said:

Paul R.

Very nice story there Paul! I am also training in Arizona area and I agree the terrain outside Phoenix area is not easy to recognize at all. Nowadays I use GPS a lot but always have my VOR 1 and 2 to backup.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5