Sign in to follow this  
kelvinr

NZ Scenery Autogen Project New version 3.0

A new version has been developed with many many enhancements and fixes to the vegetation and urban structured areas.

Due to the many months of work to improve the accuracy of a number of locations the file size reflects this, 9GB compressed, I think currently it is 3GB.

This version is now 3.0 and I’m sure you will enjoy NZ in its fullness.

If you have any questions about compatibility with other scenery i.e Orbx and how to enable this scenery whilst maintaining the beautiful scenery such as airports then I can assist you, just throw me an email.

The new download is available from my website www.nzscenery.co.nz. I am charging for this version due to the many months of work to bring a more complete and accurate presentation of NZ structures and vegetation scenery.

I have not increased the cost of the product even though a lot of work has gone into it but will need a repurchase.

I’ll always provide as much support as possible to help with any concerns or queries.

Kindest Regards
Kelvin
NZScenery Autogen Project.

• Upvote 1

Hi Kelvin, just as a little friendly feedback, I'm disappointed at seeing, what looks like, very lo-resolution photoreal ground textures. What resolution have you used?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard, if you are using antdavison's Photo Scenery the resolution is very low.  Must be in the region of 4.8m, like the very early Horizon Netherlands.  Need to be around 5000ft to get a sharpish image.  As apposed to about 2500 for Gen-X.

Have you managed to download and unpack the Autogen ok ?  When I unpack the Zip file with Winrar it tells me the content is corrupt.  Have tried three times now on two different machines, using two different Operating Systems...all with the same result...File checksum errors...about 90,000 or so of them  :blink:.  Ah well, such is life.  Better drop Kelvin a line and get him to check his upload at Google Drive.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

UPDATE TO ABOVE:-

Following correspondence with Kelvin, it was determined that the problem lay with a corrupt password for the installation.  Not corrupt Files.  He was most helpful and the problem is now sorted...Thank You, Kelvin.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

On 3/14/2017 at 5:17 PM, dogtrack said:

UPDATE TO ABOVE:-

Following correspondence with Kelvin, it was determined that the problem lay with a corrupt password for the installation.  Not corrupt Files.  He was most helpful and the problem is now sorted...Thank You, Kelvin.

No Problems. Thank you for your kind words.

Just to reiterate there were some issues with the length of the passcode to decrypt the files in the archive, this was sorted and should not cause further issues.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:12 PM, Rockliffe said:

Hi Kelvin, just as a little friendly feedback, I'm disappointed at seeing, what looks like, very lo-resolution photoreal ground textures. What resolution have you used?

The photo scenery is indeed done by Ant Davison and isn't the highest quality but I sell the autogen not his scenery, even though I kind of am by default given the dependency on his scenery (although as long as you have any photoscenery for NZ in BGL format then you can use my autogen).

The resolution is not a fault of the product rather a limitation of the scenery data itself.

If there is any other scenery out there that is higher res than Ant's I would consider looking at this as there would be some changes to the scale of the autogen as the scenery res gets higher.

I fly high altitude so 5000ft and above works really well with this scenery and autogen. With the building and vegetation density there are a lot of areas that show really well as the autogen covers the photo scenery. 

Regards,

Kelvin